Monday, April 19, 2010

Sun, water & Rocks

What a beautiful day out today! + 20 degrees you really cant go wrong. So I thought while Eli was napping I would go and rake the yard, water it, and put some more seed down on the patchy spots. That was until my mother in law called. I told her my plans for the day and she said she'd come over and help!

We have a small rock garden in front of our house that I've been wanting to get rid of so I can plant some flowers there. Well we decided that we would tackle the rock garden! We had 2 rakes, 1 shovel, a tarp, and 2 buckets. No wheel barrel. So you can imagine what a job this was! We started around 10:30 raking the yard, and then continued on to tackle the rocks. We finished our job (with new soil in the garden and all!!) around 2:30-3:00ish! What a long day!

Eli napped for close to 2 hours this morning, and then came and crawled around once he woke up. He was quite content to just play in the grass and hang out. We turned the sprinkler on and he loved the water. That boy could be a fish he loves the water so much!

I got quite burnt however we got alot done, and boy is it nice to have accomplished something! It was a busy day, and in between the 4.5 hours of being outside I still managed to vacumn, pick up toys, go for a nice walk this morning, do the dishes, and do laundry!

And get this, after Eli was up for 3.5 hours he went back down for a nap just after 3:00, (so did I!) and Andy had to wake up both up at 5:10P.M because we were both asleep! Eli is in bed, and he had no issues tonight going down! Such a nice feeling! Now I'm going to relax, and just be quiet.
Here are some pictures from our day!



2 comments:

Denise said...

Eli looks like a little man in that hat - so cute together with a soother in his mouth :)

Grace said...

wow, you go supermom!