Thursday, April 22, 2010

Teen Moms

So I had a busy day however I dont feel the need to go into every detail about what we did. However, I did vacumn, wash the floors, do laundry, dishes, and took Eli swimming! Oh and today was the first day that I spent at Stepping Stones.

I didn't know what to expect going in there and I was nervous, but not as nervous as I expected I would be! There were 4 teen girls there. The youngest is 15 and I think the oldest is going onto 18. 2 of them have their baby's already and 2 are pregnant due in June and July. We did scrapbooking, and just got to hang out. I even got to hold a 3 month old baby who slept in my arms. While I miss that stage I feel blessed to be out of it at the same time too!

After our time was after I drove one of the girls home. Here's a bit about her. I dont think I should give real names so I'm going to call her Amy. Amy is 15 years old. She lives with her aunt. Here mom lives in medicine Hat, and her dad is an alcoholic. She considered having an abortion but once she saw the ultrasound pictures thats what changed her min. Her boyfriend is still in the picture, but is quite a bit older than Amy.

My heart broke for these girls. I couldn't imagine being a single mom. Amy told me she's scared for her labor and delivery. As I dropped Amy off at her aunts place I drove away and just realized how lucky and blessed I'am. Why is it that a 15 year old girl is dealt the cards she is dealt? Why am I dealt the cards I'am dealt?

I have a feeling these girls are going to be an inspiration to me! All I feel I can do is pray for each girl, especially Amy and be there for each one! I'm so glad that God cares about even the little details in our lives, like where I should be volunteering! I cant wait to go back!

No comments: