Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekend

Last night Andy and I went out for our anniversary dinner. We went to The Keg for supper, and then made a few stops at some stores... wal mart, home depot... exciting hey? It was nice to just spend time together!

Then this morning 6:00a.m rolls around and I hear the bars on Eli's crib rattling back and forth. Apparently it was time to get up. However we left him and he fell back asleep until 8:00. His teeth are bothering him and for the past few mornings he's woken up screaming.

I got to visit one of my great friends Alex today! Alex and I have become close friends from Heart 2 Heart. I've been totally blessed by her friendship, and we're so much alike that its almost scary! When 2 people are so much alike it can either be a good thing, or a bad thing... but for us it clicks!

 She finally had her second baby last night, and so I went to the hospital to visit! Lucky for me I arrived at the perfect time to change Adam's diaper... his second poop of his life! For those moms who are reading you know how fun those poops are, and for those who aren't moms well lets just say those poops are nice, thick (usually very brown almost black!) and messy to clean up! But get this, I felt honored to be there! She was by herself for a few hours and so I was able to go visit her! I held little Adam for most of the afternoon and just got to chat with her, and before I left I was able to pray for her and her family! Such a nice afternoon! I felt so passionate about her and her little one, it felt like I was exactly where I was suposed to be! Thanks Alex for a nice afternoon!

Then this evening we went to Summerside Church to hear all about the missions trip to Mexico my parents and sister (and a whole other group!!) went on! It was awesome to hear stories, and see pictures and video! I always love going there, and it just feels like home. I know pretty much everyone, and its very comfortable! Eli did great in the nursey (as always!) and as I went to pick him up I was told that he went for the toilet paper roll almost everytime someone opened the door to the bathroom! Thats so like him! At least he's consistant! I love Eli so much!

The latest thing that little boy has mastered (I dont know where he figured it out!) is the stairs! On Friday I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden he was half way up the stairs! I grabbed him and went into the bathroom where Andy was showering and asked if they had been practicing the stairs or if Andy had showed him how to do them. Nope, he just did it! Guess that baby gate will forever be at the bottom of the stairs now!!


No comments: