Monday, April 26, 2010

Toyota RAV4 - Honda CRV

Yesterday morning Andy's mom called and offered to take Eli for the afternoon so we could go test drive some vehicles. We've been looking for a bit now, but wanted to wait until Andy was done school. When we went out on our date on Friday we were going to test drive some SUV's however most dealerships were closed. So we went yesterday afternoon.

We stopped in at the Nissan dealership. We've been looking into the Nissan X Terra, or X Trail. The car salesman said they cannot keep any used nissans on the lot, they come in and they sell right away. So we headed over to Toyota to take a look at what they had. We ended up spending most of our time there looking at a few different vehicles. Toyota Matrix, Nissan X Trail, Nissan Rogue, and then we peaked into a Toyota RAV4. Originally, we hadn't really been interested in them but once he opened it up and showed us some of the features we took it for a test drive! It was beautiful! It seats 5, with alot of space in the back, and also a small stowaway compartment (where the spare tire usually is) but since the spare is on the outside of the door there is extra space in the back! It is a bit more than we wanted to spend but we're keeping our eyes peeled!

Last night as we were looking at consumer reports and such we found that the comparable vehicle to the RAV4, is the Honda CRV. So I'm thinking we're going to go test drive the CRV aswell. With all the stuff that toyota has been through over the past 6 months I'm thinking we could probably really work up a good deal if we wanted to. For any of you who are reading that might drive either of these vehicles, I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Today was Andy's first day back to work after 8 weeks of school. He's off to a new jobsite, with new guys, and a new location! Just our luck that Eli decided to wake up at 4:00A.M and fart around in his crib. He'd whine, and then babble, this went on for a good hour. So finally when he fell asleep we were both tired. Next thing I knew Andy was bounding out of bed. His alarm didn't go off, and he was running 40 minutes late! Lucky for my man he is the type of guy who is like always 30 minutes early to work. I got up packed his lunch, made his breakfast, and off he went  . . . 7 minutes after he woke up. What a horrible feeling!

Eli's down for his nap already this morning, and I need to clean the kitchen as well as the rest of my house. We might make a trip to Giant Tiger... yes I said Giant Tiger. Cheap groceries, and a few odds N ends things! Then tonight I'm off to get my hair colored. This week I meet with my first doula client, and I'm very excited and nervous! Its going to be a busy week!

No comments: