Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a Story

This morning was our last Heart 2 Heart get together. It was brunch and man there was some good food! So we relaxed and ate! Each week there has been a lady speak and tell her story about her life.

This morning a lady who is in her mid 20's I would say. Her story brought every woman in the room to tears. Her story goes like this: She grew up in a Christian home. Learned that God is good all throughout her upbringing. Last year she went to the Dr. and had the news that no one wants to hear in their life. They found cancer on her ovary. She ended up having a total historectomy, and a few rounds of Kemo. She lost all her hair, and her dreams of ever having children were shattered. I felt so blessed in those moments as she was telling her story. In amidst all of the stuff she went through, she came out with her Faith just as strong. Here she's grown up being told "God is good, God is in control, etc . . ." I could not imagine! After her historectomy and kemo she had the best news in her life, it was all gone, they hadn't found anymore! And her Faith and praise in God is incredible! That just blows my mind! She is a success story, however she made the choice to still trust God and believe that He has a bigger plan. It takes a strong person to do that. It would've been easier to be angry at God, and not believe He knows what he's doing!! I was so blessed to hear her story, and just realized that God is good! I really take my health for granted, thats for sure!

8 months ago I started at Heart 2 Heart, and was so nervous! The only person I knew was my mother in law, and her friend Lee who offered to pick me up and drive us home since at the time we only had 1 vehicle insured. Little did I know i would build such incredible relationships! Those woman that I met are so incredible, and I cant get over how much they have blessed me! Its going to be wierd over the summer not seeing them every week, however I think we'll make a point of getting together whenever we can!

I've heard theres supposed to be snow on the way, and I sure hope it doesn't snow... but I love this rainy cloudy weather! I know most of you hate it, but I love it! It reminds me of our honeymoon in Victoria! So beautiful, and I cant wait for the grass to turn green and start growing! We need it so bad! Hope all of you have a good day!!

No comments: