Monday, April 12, 2010

Wits End

So my little dream sleeper has turned into anything but a dream. I'm still lucky that once he's down he is down for the night, however during the day and getting him down at night for the past few evenings has been so hard!

This morning he woke up at 6:40a.m and was ready to get up. It seems like its getting earlier and earlier, and bed time is getting later and later!

Today is Andy's birthday so we went out for a great afternoon! We went to MEC (mountain equipment co op) sportchek and a few other places, and then out for supper! It was great! We got home and Andy's mom had gotten Eli ready for bed, and had just put him down, but he had no intentions of going to bed at 7:00P.M! So we got him up for an hour, and then tried to put him back down. He had no intentions of going down at 8:30P.M! THat being said, when he's up he is happy and not whining at all. I finally just put him down and its almost 9:30P.M!!) He's not getting enough nighttime sleep thats for sure! On top of the going to bed issues, he is really pushing it on the day time naps too! He refuses to go down for his 2nd nap of the day! I dont get it!

I'm feeling drained and tired. The day is starting early and I really only have 45 minutes (if that!!) before I have to go to bed and it start all over again! I'm at my wits end! Where did my dream sleeper go that I could brag about!? Please return to me!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

He is getting older Karla, isn't needing as much sleep as before. Hopefully you find something out that works for you guys. See you this weekend.

Karla said...

Yeah, he still needs about 11 1/4 hours of sleep at night, and about 3 hours of sleep during the day. At least thats what I'm reading in books, and what doctors are saying.

As of now, he is one crabby baby who isn't getting enough sleep... which equals not fun! We'll figure it out.