Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cough, cough, cough

The past 24 hours have been very hard! You'd think I'd be used to having a sick baby on my hands, considering Eli has been sick more in his life than he hasn't!

This cold that he had has taken over! He has a bit of a fever, runny nose, cough, and the color in his face is pale, pale, pale. Yesterday he was crying so hard he threw up all over the two of us, and then continued crying.

Today so far he hasn't been able to nap because he cant stop coughing. Poor kid is so tired but cant fall asleep. He is down now, but we'll see how long it lasts. Every 2 minutes or so I hear him cough. I dont know what else to do for him. I have the humidifer going, propped his mattress up, advil and thats that! I know when I was sick over the weekend I felt horrible and so his whining I can kind of understand. You want so badly to feel better and act like nothings wrong but you just feel so sick!

Yesterday around 4:00ish Katherine (my youngest sister) came over with her boyfriend James. I had called my mom crying earlier in the day when Eli threw up and wouldn't calm down and since she wasn't able to come over and be with me she texted James and suggested they come over to visit me. Eli sure loves James! I think he's the baby whisperer or something! I couldn't get over it! Eli would crawl right up onto his lap and dive his head into his chest (which Eli doesn't usually do to anyone!) I couldn't believe it! He just loved playing with James! Guess I'll have to hit those 2 up for some babysitting time sometime! (Kath I'll even pay you guys!!) It was nice to spend some time with them and hang out. Made the afternoon go by fast and Eli was quite content hanging out and playing. Thanks guys for coming by!

I'm praying that Eli will sleep well tonight and be okay for tomorrow. We're off to a little birthday party with the moms from moms group. We drew names so each mom buys a birthday present for one baby instead of 3! I thought it'd be cheaper to do it that way, and easier aswell since their birthdays are all right around the same time! We're going to Kidzquarterz to play, so I'm hoping the both of us will be up to it!

If anyone has any remedies for a cough I'd love to hear them!

                                      "Watch out, James! I'm going to run you over!!"

No comments: