Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sleep . . . oh precious sleep

So remember when Andy and I were having sleeping issues with Eli? Its incredible how the issues have turned around, and boy does this baby like to sleep! (I have to call him a baby as much as possible because in 1 month he wont be a baby anymore!!!!!)

These days he's sleep close to 12 hours at night, sometimes more. And then during the day he naps anywhere from 2-4 hours in a day. This is what he's started doing though. At night, we bath him, get him into his jammies and then feed him in his room. I'll stand up with him and burp him beside the crip, the past 2 nights though he hasnt wanted to be burped he learns towards the crip like he's trying to dive into it. I set him down in the crip, cover him with his blanket and thats that! I dont hear a peep from him until the next morning!

This morning for his nap its basically the same thing. He woke up earlier today (6:45a.m) but I didnt get him out of his crib until 7:00a.m. So he wasn't happy by the time I went in. How dare I let him wait 15 minutes to get up!? Well I fed him breakfast, and let him play a bit and within 45 minutes of him being up he was whiney and pulling at his ears! He just went down for his nap and its only 9:20a.m! He was up for just over 2 hours, and when I took him upstairs to change his diaper and put him in his sleep sack he was rubbing his eyes like there was no tomorrow, and he could barely keep them open! Again, I place him in the crib, cover him up, and he is done! I just dont get it!!

I'm not complaining, but its just crazy that my 11 month old baby still sleeps close to 16 hours in a 24 hour period! I wish I could sleep that much!

I had an interesting e-mail this past week from a woman that saw my add on Kijiji about my doula services. She is a doula who just got her certification through DONA and is looking for a backup doula. Backup doulas are good to have in case you have a labor that is going on for a long period of time and you need a break. That way your client still gets support, and your able to take a break! I was supposed to go meet with her today but Eli has a runny nose and I dont want to infect her home with his germs, and well the weather could be better! Her name is Carla as well, so I'm looking forward to meeting her to see if we click! Its neat how its all working out and coming together! It keeps me motivated to keep on studying!

 I was feeling a bit discouraged because when I was looking through different schools to become certified through I checked into DONA (they are the largest and most recognized doula organization) and I found their website totally confusing and moved on. I found Childbirth international and went with them. Well I found out that wth DONA you attend a weekend workshop and your basically a doula after that. The course is $450. There are fees that you have to pay after, but I was sort of choked that it was only a weekend workshop and thats that! However, that being said I have a hard time understand how you can cover the physiology of birth as well as postpartum issues, evolving your business, and the list goes on all in one weekend. Either way I'll get there... AND tomorrow I meet with my first client. I'm very nervous and excited, it should be great! We were supposed to meet last week, but something came up and so tomorrow is the day! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

No comments: