Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday

Eli is still sick today. The cough isn't as bad, but the runny nose is driving him nuts. He slept well last night. I prayed and prayed that he would sleep soundly, and once he had been down for about an hour and a half the coughing stopped and I didnt hear a peep out of him until 6:00a.m when he woke up crying. He must've had an upset stomache and well lets just say he needed to take a bath in order to clean himself up. I fed him, and then he went back to bed after being up for 30 minutes. He didnt make a peep until about 7:45a.m where he had made another mess and into the bath he went. The morning has pretty much consisted of him being in and out of bed. He wakes up crying, I feed him, wipe his nose, sit with him for a bit and then back into the crib he goes. He hasn't faught it too much so thats good. We're supposed to go out at lunch, so I think once he wakes up we'll go but only for an hour or so. Might be good for us both to get out.


I had my first consultation with a client yesterday! The one thing I had to remind myself is to ask her alot of open ended questions and find out about her! This is hard to do. But it went great. She is due August 18th, and so far has had an easy pregnancy! So she told me that she is really happy with what I had to say, and would love it if I would be their doula! Agh! I'm so excited, however there are still a few details I have to figure out like what happens if I get a phone call during the day and have to go... I have a baby to look after. There are a few people I'm going to talk to about this to see if I could drop Eli off at their place if I need to go, but my biggest concern though is that Andy works from 7a.m-3p.m, and usually leaves the house around 6:15a.mish sometimes earlier. If I get a phone call and need to leave in the early morning or middle of the night I need to find someone who is available early in the morning. I know it will all work out, but this is probably my biggest stress at this point! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

So now that I have my first client I've been busy working on drafting up a contract, different handouts, etc. I'm really enjoying it so far!

Here are a few more pictures for you guys! Yesterday as Eli and I were cuddling on the couch (yes he was actually willing to cuddle with me briefly yesterday!!) 2 people came to the door! I was so happy to see them because Eli loves hanging out with them! Guess who!!







No comments: