Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jehovah's Witness - Part 2

So I had alot of feedback on my last post! 3 comments! Thats the most comments I've received on one post since I've started doing this! And all 3 comments were from people I dont know! Very exciting! The feedback I got was great, and I really appreciate it! Thank you to those who commented!

I had a conversation with a friend who grew up Jehovah's Witness, and is now a Christian. I asked her a few questions, and she cautioned me. I feel this is what I needed. For those of you who know me, I'am the type of person who is waaaaay to trusting and am a pushover! I've become a lot more cautious since having my own family, however when it comes to beliefs and "witnessing" sometimes I can get swept away! I often have to remind myself how Jesus didnt let people walk all over him (like I sometimes do!) When people were selling things in the temple, Jesus was the guy that overturned the tables, and told the people that the House of the Lord is not somewhere to sell things!

So anyways, back to the conversation I had. My friend said that she believes that Jehovah's Witness is a cult. She encouraged me to ask them to look at the resources I have regarding what I believe. They will never look at any other resources she said. They're not allowed to. She said to ask them about certain things in the bible, like speaking in tounges. They believe that speaking in tongues comes from Satan. I also asked her if I should invite them in or have this discussion at my door. She said spiritually to protect myself, and it may be best not to ask them in. I've decided that next time they come to my door I'm going to pray before (as I have been doing!) but more for spiritual protection and guidance, aswell as after they leave.

This morning as I was tidying up I tossed out the magazines. I felt very convicted that I even accepted them and considered looking through them. I have no need to. I took them outside and put them into the recycling bin as it gets picked up this morning. I dont want it in my house, and yesterday I felt God telling me not to accept it, but I didnt know how to tell them and still be "nice."

So now I wait and pray until they return to my door. I loved the feedback and comments from those of you who did comment!

ALSO!!! Anyone who is following who has a blog, I'd love to know about it! I love reading blogs, and hearing other peoples opinions! Please leave me your information!! Thanks again!!

No comments: