Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jehovah's Witness

Well, the Jehovah's Witnesses came by again today. Each time she asks me a question about what I think regarding certain things. Today she asked me if I think sin is important in our lives. I said absolutely, its what seperates us from God so it definitly is important and plays a role in our lives! She agreed. She then opened her bible and was going to read Romans 5:12,13 - Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all have sinned— 13sin was indeed in the world before the law, but sin is not reckoned when there is no law.

Back in April over the Easter weekend, they stopped by and I really felt like God was prompting me to grab my bible and read the verse in my bible while she was reading her bible. As far as I know, our bibles are different in some areas. So today I grabbed my bible, and opened up to Romans. She got me to read the verse, and Im not sure if their bibles said the same thing or what. Anyways, regardless she gave me their magazine and said I'd find it interesting. She was also going to give me in invitation to a Jehovah's Witness Conference happening at Rexall in July. I told her I didnt want to take it because I am a member of a church, and do have a relationship with Christ. She seemed taken back, but I did tell her she could stop by and visit sometime if she wanted to talk to me. Meanwhile in my head I'm thinking "Dont you see the no solicitor sign!?" Whatever. Regardless I felt good about how things went once they left. Maybe I should sit down and look through their magazine so I can find the differences in our beliefs and I can talk to them about what I believe and where their religon is different. Usually we just chuck them out without looking through them. Any thoughts as to what I should do!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is short. Stay curious. Explore connecting with others who are different from you.

Signtopia said...

Curiosity killed the cat. While you may feel not threatened by that magazine peddler, the reality is that you are doing exactly what she wants you to do. I suspect that you know little about the Jehovahs Witnesses and that is understandable. Most would say that they are nice.....others would say they are pests. I would say that they are actually anti-christians. Next visit, cut to the chase and tell the woman that you know that she rejects the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ and thus has "no life in her" and refer her to John 6:53-56. Then when she tries to come up with an explanation....hit her up that you are aware that she is taught and believes that Jesus Christ is the fallen angel of the abyss, Abaddon, in Revelation 9. When she says that is not true, tell her to re-study her Insight book and her Revelation Its Grand Climax Is At Hand book. She might even want to ask her elders for confirmation at the Kingdom Hall. Of course, the general public doesn't know these things about the Jehovah's Witnesses and folks such as yourself are rather easily baited and switched. The more you talk with them, the more you will become victim of the process of "mental regulation". There is so much more you should know, but the easiest and best thing you can do to protect yourself and family from this destructive cult group is to simply say "No" and close the door.

God Bless
www.endoftheworld-signtopia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You have a beautiful family! I think it is wonderful that you are so nice to this woman who comes to your door. It sounds like she is simply following the command of Jesus to go and preach. I'm sure she means no harm. I love reading the magazines that they offer. I agree with the first commenter - have an open mind.

Karla said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! I have to ask all 3 of you, how did you find my blog, and are you regular followers?!

What I should do when it comes to this woman has really been heavy on my heart. I have a friend who was Jehovah's Witness for many years. She is now a Christian, and I spoke to her last night and she said that she feels that she was involved in a cult and that they are brain washed. She encouraged me to do a few things. 1) ask them to take a look at my resources I have. She told me they'll never look at any other "magazines." she also said that often times you can never win with them, its a run around circle.

Signtopia, I dont know if I could be that forward like you said I should be, but perhaps this is something I should pray about.

As for having an open mind, I think its important to also have a protective heart and mind. I know what I believe, and spiritually I need to also protect myself!

I really appreciate all of your comments and would love to know who you are! Send me an email! If you have a blog I'd love to check it out!!
Karlaandandy@hotmail.com

Signtopia said...

You said "Maybe I should sit down and look through their magazine so I can find the differences in our beliefs and I can talk to them about what I believe and where their religon is different." I can understand that, however, the Witness didn't give you the magazine for you to later tell her how your belief is different than hers. She truly is not interested in hearing about what you believe. She has other motivations. Yes, you can pray about it. You wrote that you did not know that you could be that "forward" to just say "No" and shut the door, but consider this.......in regards to the protection of your family, especially your child, my guess is that you would not hesitate or even wonder if you could be as forward had a dope dealer or some other sort of predator came to your door. Again, I must point out that this woman came to your door during the Easter weekend. Knowing what I know about the Watchtower organization and its followers, I consider that as insulting to Christians everywhere. Some might say that they needed something to do because they do not celebrate that holiday. Again.....they "celebrate" Jesus' death by holding an annual "Memorial" as opposed to Christianity which celebrates the resurrection.

I would gladly respond to any questions you might have. At the very least, I can maybe aim you towards people far smarter than I am regarding Jehovah's Witnesses. I do recommend that you check out the following blog post written about Jehovah's Witnesses and what the mindset is when they come knocking. It is the best explanation and description that I have ever read.
http://www.sanctepater.com/2009/07/how-to-become-jehovahs-witness.html

By the way, I cam upon your blog purely by accident and saw it in a results page for a search that I did.

Meanwhile, feel free to visit my blog which is about all sorts of stuff. www.endoftheworld-signtopia.blogspot.com

God Bless

Karla said...

Thank you for your information and reply! I actually went and ditched the magazine first thing this morning as I felt quite convicted to even have it in my home! After talking to quite a few people I'm feeling that I need to ask them to stop coming to my door. They have one intention and that is to convert me. I also have realized that JW's use fear to convert people. This is quite sad, and unfortunately wont work on me. I've enjoyed reading your blog, as well as the blog info you posted for more information! How do you know so much about the JW religon? Are you a Christian?