Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Stair Master

Eli has mastered the stairs! Thats all he wants to do, up the stairs. Down is another thing, and I've tried to teach him how to go down backwards bringing one leg down at a time but he thinks its a game where I pull him down one stair and he's supposed to try and get back up. We have a gate but I think we may have to get a fixed gate for the bottom of the stairs.

This weekend Andy and I are doing alot of work. Or going to attempt. Andy is going tonight to order doors for the front and back of the house. And also pick up paint for the outside of the house around the windows and trim! So on top of the things we have to do already, we also have to scrape all the old paint off as well! Big job, but I think we can do it. The hardest part will be watching Eli, and still helping but we'll get it done!

Andy and I have also decided to buy a new car. We're planning on getting a Toyota Matrix (yes the same car as my parents) but they're a good vehicle for a good price with a fair amount of room in them. We test drove the Mazda 3 hatchback and prefer the toyota. So we have to also get on looking for a vehicle soon because the registration for the tercel is up at the end of the month! Its going to be a busy 2 or 3 weeks, on top of Eli's birthday party at the end of the month! I'm excited though!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hey guys,

The matrix is a good choice (we have one) - did you try Eli's car seat in the back? We have an alpha omega car seat and when it is rear facing, it is kinda too big for the matrix. I think once she is fwd facing, it will fit better, but for the time being we can't put it in the matrix. are you guys buying new or used?

Karla said...

Hey Grace!
I've put Eli's carseat in the matrix before, but that was in the little carrier. That being said though once we get a new vehicle we'll switch him forward and I dont think it should be a problem. In our corolla now the seat is pushed up as far as it can go in order for us to get his seat in. Nice hey? We're going to buy used, maybe a 2007 or 2008? We dont want to spend more than $10 000-$12 000. What year do you guys have? Thanks for the good advice! I appreciate it!! :-)