Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jehovah's Witness Return

So the JW's returned! Interesting enough I had a Christian friend over, and I asked her to say a quick prayer before I opened the door. The past few times they've come its been the same woman with a new person each time. I'm assuming the new person thats come is a new JW, and is learning the ropes of door to door. Often, they're very quiet, and dont say too much.

Today was a different story! I felt I was in a spiritual warfare! This time around, she brought her husband. He knew his stuff, and did most of the talking. She went to offer me their magazine, I told her I had to decline it and that I've done alot of research and we believe very different things. He told me that they had looked into many different religons and had decided to go with JW. I asked them questions about who they believe Jesus is, and they dont believe in the Trinity. It is a total mind game though. I felt like I was being messed with mentally. Eli was very fussy and so after a 10 minute conversation she said maybe they could come back to discuss this. I said they could. I need to get my stuff together so its prepared. This next time they come needs to be the last time. I need to have scriptures, and specific things prepared. Why is it that this time around she brought her husband who knew his stuff? He did most of the talking! After they left, I was shaking. Its a spritual warefare. I did tell them though that if they would like to look at some of my literature about what I believe they're more than welcome to, and we can discuss the differences. They never said no, but they avoided the topic all together!

We'll see what happens!

GUESS WHAT!! Eli is pretty much officially walking. He still wants to hold our hands when he walks, and crawling is still faster but there were a few times today where I would be in one room and he'd coming walking in to see me! All by himself! He'll stand up with some help from a chair or couch and start walking! I cant believe it! Here we go!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Eli! Soon he'll be running and then you'll be in trouble!