Friday, July 23, 2010

Moody Moody Moody

I dont know if its the figuring out how to walk thing, but Eli has been one moody brat. Yes I've said it. A moody brat! Remember how last week I mentioned how I havent seen him so happy in months? Thats gone out the window! Maybe its that our busy boy needs more stimulation and his toys and being at home are not enough, but I think I could go insane!

He is constantly whining, folding himself in half and screaming at the word "No." Its horrible! Today my friend and I took Eli to millenium place for play and crawl around. He had fun, he was squealing with delight!! We then took him over to kidz quarterz where he wasnt as happy. Millenium place was really busy with older, bigger kids running around, so it was getting a little outta control. Once we got to kidz quarterz he lost it. He was happy for maybe 5 minutes and he was done. I just dont get it!

And, whats your opinion on this!? At one point while we were at millenium this little boy came up behind Eli and grabbed him by putting his arms around him and dragged him backwards. Eli was not happy. I told the little boy, "No, we dont play rough with the baby, okay? We have to play gentle." First thing that went through my mind was 1) Where is this kids mom!? Finally, she came running over and said "Oh he was just trying to love him. Steven go give him a hug and say sorry." 2) Why are you telling your child to go hug my child and say sorry? Yes you should be telling your son that he needs to apologize and that his behavior wasn't right, but why are you telling him to hug a complete stranger, and you have no idea where my kids been? He could be super sick with a nasty cold, or some virus and your kids hugging mine!? I dont know, it just annoyed me!

Eli's down for a nap, and I think maybe Ill lay down on the couch. Andy is working a side job this evening, which means I've got Eli by myself for the rest of the night... so it could be a long evening! But I'm not complaining, Im so thankful and blessed that Andy has extra work!

Here's to a relaxing weekend!!

No comments: