Thursday, September 2, 2010

Going to get my butt kicked...

This evening Im off to the gym again. My new workout friend and I will be regularly working out on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, and in my mind I need to be at least once on my own. But tonight Im going solo... well not really solo since Im going to meet a trainer so she can show me the ropes and basically kick my butt. To be honest Im not really looking forward to spending this time with her because I know tomorrow Im going to be in pain, but it'll pay off. Id totally cancel if it wasnt for my workout friend who already went today and had her session. So I suppose I really cannot bail!

In the end it'll pay off and we'll be able to work out and actually achieve something! Also, I'd really like to tan a bit over the winter and I cant justify paying to go tanning if Im not working out. The 2 MUST go hand in hand.

Earlier today Eli and I went and registered for a new moms group that meets every 2 weeks. Im very excited, but they only have limited spaces so we should get a phone call about weather or not we're "in." They had a huge play room at the church where we met so I let Eli go play while I chatted with some of the moms. He always does so good with other kids, and Im so thankful that he doesnt scream or cry when I put him down, he just sees the toys and goes right for them! At one point though he was pushing a toy stroller around and this girl (who was quite bigger than him) came up and ripped it from his hands and walked off. He started screaming immediately, so I went over, bent down and said "Did she take it from you, Eli?" He replied, "Yesssh." I couldnt believe it! This was the first time I've really had it where I was certain he knew what he was saying to me and I knew what he was saying to me! The mom came over and said "Did she hurt him?" I said, "I think he was playing with the stroller." So the little girl had to give it back and he was good to go.

But I was so shocked. He has totally blown me away with how much he is understanding these days! Or maybe its me who just has to realize he has a mind of his own and can understand! I cant wait to start interacting with him. The next thing Im going to do is buy some crayons, and let him color. He's been loving carrying pens around (dangerous I know!!) but today I caught him with a pen and a piece of paper in hand! Time to get this boy creating!

Im off to relax since Eli is napping. We have a busy afternoon of being out and about once he wakes up, so I should probably take a nap too!!

No comments: