Thursday, October 28, 2010

Again, really??

Eli is sick yet again. A cold this time around. Maybe its teething, I dont know anymore. He is coughing non stop, and his nose is running like a tap. Its running clear, which I think is a good sign. All the coughing sure makes it hard for a little guy to sleep or nap, and all the coughing also takes alot of energy out of ya!

We went for a walk in the mall and at one point he started coughing and it was so embaressing. He couldnt stop coughing, spit was coming out of his mouth and it got to the point where I had to stop and tell him it would be okay, because he was coughing so much!

So now he's in bed and Im just praying that he'll fall asleep. I dont think its going to happen, but we'll see. Ive given him some cough medicine, the humidifier is on, the mattress is propped up, vicks on his feet and chest, really what else is there to do to help him? Its so frustrating because he just had a cold which led to an ear infection less than a month and a half ago! We'll see what happens, but I really hope I can nurse him back to health without this leading to an ear infection & antibiotics!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hope he feels better. I just read a weird remedy in Parents magazine the other day. You cut an onion in half and put the cut half against the babies foot and then put a sock on. It reduces fever and works as a natural antibiotic. Thought I'd share!