Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For me

I know its been a few days since Ive written. Im feeling like our life is pretty non exciting right now, and I dont have much to blog about.

Last night I went out for coffee with a few moms from my moms group that Ive started going to. One of the things this group does is a time called Coffee Mug, and 3 or 4 moms are selected to get together during the week. There's a host that decides where to meet, and then you get together. Last night I met 2 other women for coffee without the kids and just got to sit and relax. These women are women that have older children who are in preschool and just start school and I probably wouldn't really have had a chance to connect with them otherwise, but I was so glad that I got to! They were a wealth of information and it was awesome getting to know them! I really enjoyed the time out, just taking a few hours for myself. It was really nice! I need to do that more often, take a few minutes here or there for myself. Even if its just 5 minutes, or if its a couple of hours, I need to do more for myself. Im always worrying about my family and whats going on but I need to think about me once in awhile and treat myself. So if that means taking an art class, or sitting in the hot tub at the swimming pool, or working out, whatever that may be!

One thing I learned lat night is that I need to start thinking about Eli's preschool. There are waiting lists (depending on the preschool) that you need to get on when your kid is first born! But that being said thre are alot preschools that you register a few months before and theres no waiting lists. Id like to talk to a girlfriend who takes her son to a Christian preschool at one of the churches and see what their policy is. Regardless, I should probably start thinking about it!! I wonder if theres anything else I need to know!?

No comments: