Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Braces update

Im finally getitng adjusted to my braces. My cheeks, and lips arent as sore as they were last week, and Im figuring out how to eat. The part Im getting used to now is the elastics. It feels like alot of pressure on my teeth, but thats whats really doing the work and making the teeth move. As each day goes by Im starting to feel more confident too, so thats a great feeling!!

The best part so far about having 2 teeth pulled, and getting my braces on is that Ive lost 10 pounds! I think its just from not eating & snacking as much. Also, my portion sizes are way smaller. What I could eat a month ago I can only eat a quarter of that! Its crazy, but by the time Im into my food Im already full! Its a nice feeling. So between working out and eating better I think getting into shape and loosing the weight Id like to might come easier than I thought... for now.

Tomorrow morning we leave for Ontario. Im excited, but anxious (as you already know!!) about the plane ride. Ive been praying about it for months, and Im confident that God will give me the patience that I need. I cant wait to get to Ontario and see some of the places we saw when I was there like 10 years ago when we went on holidays! My life is completely different now, but I have such incredible memories of being there!

Your prayers would be appreciated as well. I should have some internet access so Ill try to post every couple of days!

No comments: