Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Kitchen

Andy and I had big plans for Saturday. Lots of work to do around the house and finish of the kitchen. While we sure kept busy it wasnt any of the things we planned on doing!

We went out on a date on Friday night, just dinner and a trip to home depot. Yup thats a date for us! We had hired a babysitter from church and she just came and hung out after Eli was down so we could get out for a few hours. It was really nice.

Saturday morning Eli slept in until 9:15a.m, such a treat. We had a nice breakfast with our real maple syrup from Ontario. Once we were cleaned up from breakfast and I got ready and dressed it was 12:00p.m, and my mom stopped by. I was going to get my hair done and my mom came with me and got her hair done too. Have I mentioned I love my hair dresser?! She is incredible! Incredible talent, great prices, and she's a good friend too!! By the time mom and I were done and home it was 4:00p.m! Andy and I decided that we're going to repaint the kitchen a softer color, something not too bright, and if down the road we sell the place might make it a bit easier to sell instead of the bright green. Andy also informed me that quite a few of the guys that helped him put the cabinets in dont like the green. Huh, ok. Thats fine! ;-)

So once I got home, I ran back out and picked up some paint from home depot as well as a few options for tiles for the backsplash!  So by this afternoon our kitchen has its new color, and we're both happy with it.

Eli has been so much fun these days! He is understanding so much, and we are just enjoying him. He's started to say "yes." and nod at the same time. He says "cheese" although the sss part kind of is slurred, he says "teddy", he says "mommy," "daddy" and the list does on. Tonight while he was in the bath, he hit the button on the plug to drain the water in the bath and did sign language for "all done." We had to laugh, because it couldnt have been more clear that he was done in the bathtub!

Andy is back to work tomorrow, school is done, and his exams are written. Lord willing he passed, and is offically a journeyman plumber! So now that we've finally gotten into a good routine with school and studying he is back to work. Im not complaining, because with the work means regular pay checks, and no more evening studying!

All in all its been a good weekend with some relaxation and some work. Andy and I are both feeling relieved that the cabinets are in and the biggest work is done. Just to finish up a few things, and then paint the basement and get things in order downstairs before Christmas. New couches, and sitting area will be nice down there, we'll finally get to utelize that space!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'd love to see some pictures of the new paint color!