Thursday, October 7, 2010

Good morning, Pain...

Good Day, Pain! The pain has hit, and its not fun! My teeth feel so sensitive. The pressure on them really hurts, and there are certain areas on my cheeks that are rubbing like crazy! The wax helps, but it still rubs.

Last night, I woke up and took the elastics off because the pressure was too much to handle. The lady who put the braces on said that I could take a week before I start wearing the elastics if I need to get used to the pain. Awesome. I'd like to wear the elastics for a few hours each day at least because thats whats doing the work.

I feel completely akward and uncomfortable when I talk! I went out this morning to my moms groups and it was uncomfortable. 2 weeks ago, I didnt have the braces and now I do. One mom told me though that she could tell I was uncomfortable at first but then as I started talking I loosened my mouth up and was fine. Good to know. I dont even realize that I was talking different.

Tonight we have family dinner at my parents house, and I think Ill be eating mashed potatoes. I still cant bite down, and to be honest Im avoiding eating because Im so sick of eating mashed potatoes, soggy mini wheats cereal, custard, soft mooshy foods... I dont see an end in sight anytime soon!

I wanted to mention a really neat business! For anyone who has kids and for anyone who has more than 1 kid.  I know when I take Eli anywhere out and about sippy cups and containers get mixed up really easily. Or at church I have to put a white sticky label on his bag, his sippy cup and anything else. It gets annoying, its a waste of labels, and it leaves a sticky residue on the plastic. Mabel labels is a really neat label business. They make labels for everything! The bottom of shoes, sippy cups (that can go through the dishwasher a hundred times over and till come out looking great!!) clothing labels, tags for backpacks and diaper bags, they even make Personal Business Cards, and RSVP mail stickers! I think they're a great price, I've already ordered Eli's labels for his sippy cups! I've placed the link below, because I think its something that every mom should definitly check out! And you can order them as gifts, and get a gift receipt!! Let me know what you think!

http://www.homebychoice.mabel.ca/ 

Oh and any tips for my braces would be great! Ive received some awesome tips so far, but the more the merrier!!!

No comments: