Sunday, October 10, 2010

So blessed

Im so glad its a long weekend, and Eli's not sick. Its been quite awhile since we had a long weekend where Eli wasn't well. Im blessed that his ears have cleared up, and he's doing much better.

Yesterday I went and had breakfast with my aunts and mom. It was great! I sure have noticed that since I had my teeth pulled and now my braces on my stomache has shrunk! Usually, I could probably eat 2 or 3 pieces of french toast and some bacon or sausage. Yesterday, I had 1 piece of french toast and 2 sausages and I could barely finish it!! In the afternoon I had a baby shower to go to, and then in the evening I babysat for some friends.

Andy took care of Eli most of the day, and I honestly felt so blessed. I had some time in between the shower and babysitting to come home and clean up. Andy was out with Eli at his cousins house so the house was empty and quiet. I folded 3 loads of laundry, vacumned, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and bathroom. The house was spotless by the time I left and boy did it feel great! Its incredible how much you can get done when you dont have a 1 year old chasing after you!

This morning we went off to church. Im feeling overwhelmed with how thankful Iam. I really need to be realizing how blessed and thankful Iam more often, not just on Thanksgiving weekend. But today I am so thankful. It sounds cliche but I am so thankful for my family. For my son, my husband, my sisters, and parents!

 There was a man who spoke at church this morning and told his story about how they (him & his wife) came to have their son. His wife couldnt get pregnant because of ovarian cysts. They tried different routes, IVF, fertility treatments, etc. Eventually, they looked into adoption. Ethiopia. They couldnt afford it and really struggled with the amount. They had a call from a church they used to attend and the woman told them they were giving them an annonymous gift of $5000 towards their adoption. The exact amount they needed. They paid their adoption fees and just had to wait. They had a phone could one afternoon that the adoption agency went bankrupt. Their money was gone. They were devastated. The pastor's wife from our church called them one day and said she knew a girl who was pregnant and was thinking about abortion, she was wondering if they could meet with her. They did, and the girl decided she was going to keep her baby. Finally, one more this man sat on the side of his bed before church feeling completely defeated and he finally surrendered everything to God. He let go of the control when it came to them having a baby. That morning at church the sermon was about surrendering control. Funny how God works those details out right? That same afternoon the pastors wife again approached them and said she knew a pregnant teen who wanted to give her baby to a Christian family. And that when God finally gave them a son.

Sitting in the congregation I felt so overwhelmed. This family would do anything to have a child, and here we have an incredible little guy that was given so easily to us! How blessed and thankful I am for him! God knew his name before I had him! That blows my mind!! We are so blessed to have good health.

This Thanksgiving weekend I cant even begin to talk about how thankful I am, we are so blessed in ways I never expected... God is so faithful. He tells us to be thankful in all circumstances, which isnt always easy, but its something I want to strive towards.

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope your blessed today!

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Hey, I really like your blog. I am attempting to make a blog but its difficult. Good job :)