Friday, November 19, 2010

Braces Update

So Im going onto 8 weeks with my braces. It feels like its been longer than that, unfortunately. Im not longer in pain with my teeth (depending on the day). My teeth are sometimes sensitive but not as bad as it was in the beginning. The pain in the beginning was horrible, and the canker sores I had were even worse.


But so far I can see that my teeth have started to straighten out. The bottom I can visibly see, and my bite has changed. At the beginning I couldnt bite down, my teeth wouldnt touch which made eating very hard. Now I can eat no problem and bite down into foods fairly easily. Ive had a few issues with the gaps where I had 2 teeth pulled. Because theres no bracket to hold the wire in that spot Ive had the wire bend and come out when eating. The first time it was a bagel and the second time was eating a halloween chocolate bar. oops. I was able to get it back in the second time, but the first I had to go in to get it fixed.

Poking wires havent been an issue for me too much. The only poking wires Ive had is where I hook my elastics too, and thats been a pain, but I figured out last night how to fix the issue myself.

So far Ive adjusted to my braces really well. At first I was very self concious and uncomfortable but now Im back to smiling big and not worry about them. I have my first adjustment/tightening in a few weeks so Ill let you know after my adjustment how I feel. I think that Ill probably be pretty miserable for a few days.
Keep you posted!

No comments: