Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Half way through the week

Only 1 day till we leave for Canmore! Im counting down the days and cannot wait! Andy and I could really use a few days just to ourselves. Ive made a few reservations for some restaurants, and we're just going to go and relax!

The last few days (for the most part!!) Ive really been enjoying my time with Eli. At the beginning of the week I went out to pick some groceries up for supper and left Eli at home with Andy. When I got home and walked through the door they were sitting at the kitchen table, "Boys?!" I said. Eli screamed (before seeing me!) "Maawmy!!" He's never done that before! Both Andy and I were just shocked! He's starting to talk more and more. Last night we went through all the words he can say while he was in the bath. Id say the word and he'd repeat. Are you ready? Mommy, Daddy, Grandpa (which sounds like papa) Hi, Bye (He said bye yesterday for the first time to his talking chair toy), Hello, Nana, Puppy, Fishies (as in the snack fishies), Cheese, Juice, Yes, Yup, and Im sure there are a few more in there.

Its just really neat to see how he's responding more and more. Saying yes, nodding yes, shaking his head, trying to make us laugh. I love this stage, apart from the temper tantrums that also come with the age. Yesterday he was officially 17 months old, and I cannot believe how fast it goes. Its true what people say!

This morning I got together with some great friends. Between the 5 of us there were 8 kids. Eli's getting to the age where for the most part he can play on his own. He's loving trucks these days and loves pushing them around the house and making his truck noises. It makes visiting and chatting alot easier than before. Ive realized how important it is for me to keep up with these relationships. Just sitting and visiting with other moms make me feel so great, and helps me to understand that Im not the only one dealing with a kid who at times just gets under my skin!

Thanks ladies for such an awesome morning! I love and cherish your friendship more than you guys know!

Tomorrow afternoon Im off to a Truffle making workshop with another girlfriend. Im really looking forward to getting out for an afternoon without the little guy and again just having some adult conversation. Nothing like adult conversation. Then Friday, my babe and I are off for a romantic weekend in Canmore/Banff!!

No comments: