Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Surprise

Christmas has come and gone for another year. Is it just me or do you always feel a little sad once Christmas day is over? A little depressed? This year I dont feel it as much, but I still feel it. So much time, work and thought is put into one day and then its gone in such a short time. But it was an incredible day.

Last year, Andy and I opened our Christmas presents on Christmas eve after we put Eli to bed. I grew up opening presents on Christmas even, but it was really special to do that again this year. We decided that because Andy's family was coming over for breakfast we may not have as much time in the morning to open presents. We put Eli to bed and Andy had a couple of things to put together. We grabbed a drink and sat down on the couch. Andy handed me my stocking and said we should start there. Stockings are my absolute favorite part so I didnt argue. Halfway through my stocking I pulled out a set of car keys. "Go look in the back." I got up, peeked out the door at our parking pad and there sat my new SUV. Yup, Andy got me a 2008 fully loaded Hyundai Sante Fe for Christmas! I couldnt believe it! I suspected during the week that he might be doing it, but I didnt want to believe it because I would be totally disappointed. But he did! He pulled it off, and there sat my beautiful car! I cannot believe how incredible this vehicle is, and I love it. We are so blessed. We had an incredible Christmas with family, friends, food, a warm home, a bed to sleep in, and a new vehicle. Andy defintly outdid himself this year! What an incredible man, and boy does he love me! He had to lie to me a few times so he wouldnt ruin the surprise but thats okay.

We had a great time having breakfast with Andys family and opening more presents. Eli had such a great time opening presents and eating alot of cookies and chocolate. Too much chocolate and cookies because at 10:30p.m he woke up crying and when I went in to check on him he had throw up all over the place. He was covered, and his crib was covered. He must've thrown up earlier and fell asleep in it and then woke up a few hours later. While Andy cleaned the throw up up (what a good husband!!) and put new sheets on the crib, I took a bath with him and cleaned him up. He was ready to party after he was cleaned up and we finally got him back down just after 11p.m. We heard him cough so I went in to check if he was okay. He seemed fine, but it was pitch black and I really couldnt see anything. Well, when we got him up this morning at 9am, (he slept through the whole night no problem!!) he had thrown up and just continued to sleep. Luckily, it wasnt too much and was in the corner of the crib. Poor guy though. He was fine today, and happy to hang out.

Andy doesnt have too much time off over Christmas, so Im enjoying having him at home with us for a few days. Christmas holidays always go so fast but Im trying to enjoy it one day at a time!

How was your Christmas?


My 2 loves on Christmas Morning!

My new ride!!

2008 Hyundai Sante Fe - Fully loaded (Heated seats included too!!!!!)

Eli loved openning presents!

No comments: