Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Funny How God Works

Its funny how God works. Im so thankful that God is constantly reminding me He's walking me through all the little "things in my life."

I slept horrible last night. My brain wouldnt shut off, and Eli was very restless. By 11:30p.m I decided I need to try to go to sleep, but first I went to check on Eli. He had cried out 4 or 5 times, which was equaling out to once an hour. I went in, prayed over him and over his room and as I walked out he cried out and then I didnt hear one more peep the rest of the night. My brain still didnt shut off, but I finally fell asleep.

This morning, I got up and got ready for my Heart to Heart bible study potluck. I love this time of year because its an opportunity to sit and relax, have breakfast and coffee and chat with my awesome girlfriends. There is usually a bit of a program, and this morning it consisted of a group of woman doing a dance. (Just a side note, Ive decided I want to take a dance class that is a worship class... something completely different than the hip hop Im used to!! More of an inspirational class!) Okay, back to this morning. This group of women actually taught this dance to inmates in a correctional facility. They go in every week and work and minister to the inmates of this jail, and it blows my mind that God is evening working in jails! How cool is that!? The song they did their dance to was Casting Crowns, Ill praise you in this storm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ  I've heard this song so many times, and have worshipped to it numerous times aswell but for some reason it was exactly what I needed to hear and watch this morning. As I sat there watching, tears filled my eyes, and eventually down my cheeks. Through all the "stuff" thats going on in my life, and that Im feeling completely overwhelmed, and somewhat heart broken God completely has control! Even now I cant hold back the tears because its an overwhelming thought. Through the pain, and the "storm" of my day to day life he is walking me through.

And I think of others in my life that might be feeling anger, pain, hurt, and confusion and it reminds me that God knows what He's doing. He has a plan in all the small & big details, and His plan is bigger than what we can see in the moment... but he wont leave us here, he'll take us through to the other side. It doesnt mean that its not going to be hard, or its not going to hurt. Andy reminded me of something this weekend as I was in the midst of the pain and anger. We were driving and I was venting. "I feel really angry." I had prayed and prayed about something and it wasnt the outcome that I expected. Andy replied, "Karla, its okay to feel angry, its what you do with and in that anger that matters." It hit home for me. Its okay for me to be upset, and even angry, but what I do with that anger is whats important. Instead of being angry and turning away from God, I need to turn to Him.

Anyways, thats my rant. I hope that in some way Praise you in the Storm will speak to you, and just remember... the interruptions in our lives (big or little) God has a bigger plan for. I think Im writing this post for myself because this is something I have to remind myself on a day to day basis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPS8sa-bRQ

If you didnt get a chance to click on the link the first time... I encourage you to click on it now!

1 comment:

Angela Marois said...

Good post, Karla. We always need to remember that He'll never leave us in the valley. He always walks us "through" the valley.