Monday, February 7, 2011

Maybe not luck of timing . . .

Maybe it wasnt luck of timing. Im talking about my previous post. Eli went poop on the potty once this weekend. Chances are that one was luck too. But, today as I was getting ready for the day Eli came into the bathroom and said "poo poo" and sat down on his little potty. So I quickly took his pants and his diaper off, and he sat and pretended to push. He got up a few times, and then sat back down. I left the bathroom briefly and when I came back there was a surprise in his potty for me!! I was completely shocked! It was his idea to sit and try to go!! How proud was I?? Very!!

We went off to run our errands today and then came home. He came to me and said "poo poo" and went and sat down on his potty with his clothes on. I took his clothes off and he sat down for a bit. I went to go make lunch and went back after a few minutes to check on him. He was standing in front of his potty and sure enough there was another treat for me in his potty!! Again, I was totally shocked!! I didnt ask him if he had to go, he told me and off he went!! I am so proud!!

This weekend, I was supposed to head up to my cousins place out of town for a girls night. Because of the crappy weather conditions the roads werent great so we decided not to go. I went over to my girlfriends place in the evening to visit, since Andy had a whole bunch of guys over to watch a UFC fight. We were talking about our upcoming trip to Mexico when she suggested maybe I should double check about what documents I need for Eli to travel. So I did. I thought he would just need his birth certificate. Nope, not the case. I need to get him a passport. Good thing I checked because we would've been hooped had I not. So tomorrow we head downtown to apply for his passport.

Hopefully tomorrow goes smoother than today did. He was not happy about the passport photos but the lady at costco was creative and suggested we put him in a cart. He wasnt happy about it but he was more willing to sit in the cart over the little chair. But we got it done. Our next stop was a lady who Andy found on kijiji. We've been looking for a wetsuit for Eli for mexico but would really like to have some floaties. I didnt think we'd be able to find one, however my dear husband did on kijiji and for the perfect price of $10!! Off I went to check it out, and to get Eli to try it on. There was our third HUGE fit (the first was at costco when I tried to get him to take his picture, the second was when I took the keys from him!!) when we undressed him and tried to put this suit on he LOST it. Luckily, we were in her home so it wasnt as embarrassing. The suit fit once we finally got it on!! Great!! My whole morning consisted of him having tantrums, and was completely frustrating.

Cross my fingers that tomorrow while we're at the passport office he behaves, or maybe he shouldnt behave and we'll get it done quicker? Doubt it!!

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Do you have to bring him along to the passport office? If not, maybe it's a good day to leave him w/ a friend for a playdate?

Grace said...

Did you get Eli vaccinated against hepatitis A and B??? make sure you get him immunized before you go! don't risk it!