Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Moms in the Area

The weather has been so nice lately. Ever since we got back from Mexico, Eli cannot get out for enough walks. All he wants to do is go on a walk. He loves being outside in general. He loves life even more when his Papa comes over... which I will tell you his Papa comes over just to talk him out on a walk. When someone walks in our door to visit the first thing Eli usually says to them is "Walk?!"

Anyways, since its been so nice out I cant not take him for a walk. Today we went to a friends place that lives just a few minutes away. I couldnt justify driving because they live so close! So Eli hopped into the jogging stroller/bike trailer and off we went. The area we live in has lots of walking paths, and a nice lake and even a small playground to play in. Eli is finally at the age where he can wander around and play while I sit and watch him. Today as I was out walking I noticed something... there are alot of moms in the area. I passed on on the way to my friends and one on the way home. Yesterday, I saw a few out walking as well. It got me thinking, how many moms are there in my area that stay at home with their kids? Probably alot!

Im always up to meeting and building new friendships and relationships, but it might be a bit weird to stop a mom as I walk by and say "Hey, do you want to start walking in the neighborhood together?" or "Hey, how old is your child? Do you live in the area?" Creepy, maybe?

The Parent Link here in the county has alot of awesome summer programs that they offer. They have some neat ice cream socials that they'll come to a park near by and give you ice cream, or they'll have a bbq in your area. My job would be to hand out invitations and get people to come. I know there are quite a few young families that live on our block. This would be a perfect way to get to know some people and maybe meet some young families in our area. 

Another thing is that now its summer all of our programs we've been involved in are coming to an end. Im sad because now I have a full week of figuring stuff out to do for us. Other than walking, and playing in the yard, I have no clue!! Any suggestions?  Eli is at the age now that he can play in the yard or a small pool without me being there in the pool with him, but sitting beside in a chair reading... or going to the park with some other moms and not having to be in the sand too!! Im having alot of fun with him these days!

All you moms out there, I need some suggestions for summer things to do!! What do you do with your little people!?



1 comment:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

We have a playground at the end of our street that will also have a spray park in the summer. I expect to spend a lot of time there...