Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My cue

Seriously, before I had Eli I didnt realize how big of a deal poop really is!! I had a bit of a shock happen this afternoon. After we got home from our bible study I gave Eli a hair cut. Because he was covered in hair. Once he was out of the bath, he ran around naked for a bit. Finally I decided it was time to get dressed and head down for a nap. As I picked up my naked boy, I put by hand under his bum and was shocked to find that he had pooped as I picked him up and I had a handful of poop in my hand!! Eeew! I was just as shocked as he was. Gross. For the most he usually makes it to the potty but this time I guess he was too distracted, and lucky mom!! Wait till I tell Andy. Eew. Yuck. Gross.

So. This morning we went off to our last bible study of the year. Its done until the fall. And I had an interesting morning. Remember how yesterday I posted about wanting to build relationships and meet new moms and people in the neighborhood? Last night I had a conversation that Id like to invite our new neighbors over one evening to get to know them. But its tricky... or maybe I make it tricky. What happens if we dont like each other? We live next to each other... What happens if we dont get along that night and they feel like they're trapped and cant leave... blah blah blah. Excuses much?? Back to our morning. It was open mic time, and alot of the women got up and spoke on ways to reach out. Wouldn't you believe it but half of the women spoke about their neighbors, building relationships or the people that live in their area!! Funny how that works hey?? So Im taking it as my cue that maybe I need to start building relationships. So where do I start? Maybe with my next door neighbor... planning a block party to get to know the people I live around... suggestions please??

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Oh, I am GAGGING! Poop is so gross! LOL!

Anonymous said...

my mom does canvasing for heart and stroke and government census(which also pays pretty well) which is how we met all our neighbours when I was growing up. When I was little she even took me with her. People dont mind opening the door for someone with a cutie :)