Monday, April 18, 2011

Something New

While Andy was away in Jasper I decided to do a bit of work around the house. Not finishing renovations or anything like that (good luck!!) but I love painting so why not set myself to it!

This is what I did... with some help from Andy when it comes to the wall paper and measuring the strips out.






Paint and wall paper. And I love it!! Im currently working on a picture for the wall over top the toilet. Something not too busy, but to fill the space.

The wall paper was tough but I love it. Lining up the design was tricky, and Im not good at measuring and numbers, but Andy is and he helped me. Im thinking Id like to do some wall paper in our bedroom. Im on a roll!! Any suggestions?

This morning Eli and I went to McDonalds(yet again!!) seems to be the play place. Its free, and I can sit and have a coffee while he runs around. Plus its an enclosed area, so no escaping. Coffee is cheap, and its not too bad! Then we came home and my dad popped by for awhile. Eli is a boy after my dads own heart. The two of them could go off playing outside for hours and be happy. First they went out for a walk, I tidied up and made lunch, and once they got back after 25 minutes or so we ate. Then Dad was getting ready to leave and Eli wanted to go out and play for a bit. So, Dad went outside with him and took him for a ride in the stroller. Eli loves the stroller and so off they went! Im so thankful that Dad came over and spent some time with him. Makes for a nice break in my day, and Eli loves his Papa. Eli cried and cried when Dad left. All he kept saying was "Papa!! Papa!!"

It warms my heart seeing them together, and finally a little boy in our family!! Dad gets this little smile on his face when Eli does something that a little boy would be expected to do. Like running his mini shopping cart into the wall and yell "BANG!!" So blessed.

I love the boys in my life so much! My son, my husband and my dad.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Hahaha get it? "On a roll"? You're on a roll, and so is the wall paper :) This made me laugh.

Katherine said...

And the bathroom looks awesome!!
I can't wait to see it with your picture in there.

Denise said...

It looks great! Still kinda weird to me that wallpaper is back in... but it does add some pizazz!