Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A blessed day

Oh Man, I feel so blessed today!

I dont often look forward to quiet days where we have absolutely nothing planned, however those days usually end up being the days where I enjoyed Eli the most!

He decided to sleep in until almost 9am this morning, which meant that I could also sleep in a bit later as well. We had breakfast and got dressed for the day. Then we ventured out to get gas. Apparently gas prices are supposed to jump, and the line up were crazy but I thought it might be worth it to fill up before the prices jumped once again! As we pulled into Superstore to get gas, there was a large red fire truck and ambulance that pulled out. I pointed it out to Eli, and as the firetruck pulled around the corner I noticed my dad sitting in the front seat waving at us.  I dont know if Eli saw my dad sitting in the truck, but he immediately yelled "PAPA!!!!" "FIRE!!!!!!!" and then he wouldnt stop saying it! Since we didnt have too much or maybe I should say we didnt have anything planned I thought we'd swing by the firehall to visit Eli's Papa. He was so happy to see him and he wanted to walk around the station. It was a nice visit and helped to kill some time!! Eli loves visiting his Papa, and we love visiting him too!!

After that we went off to the park to play, and play we did. Eli is such a little boy. Climbing, jump, running, sliding. I love it! Then we came home for lunch and naps. And then this evening after supper once Andy was home we went for a walk to the lake to see the "birdies" as Eli calls them. We stumbled across a bunny hanging out and when Eli saw it he yelled "KITTY!!!!" and then tried to "get it" which obviously didnt happen. Next we headed to the park, where we spent a good 45 minutes.

Eli is such a friendly kid. Every little kid that ran past him he'd say, "HI!!" or "Hello!!!!" And at one point he found a little girl he was going to play with. They went up and down the slides together over and over. It just melts my heart at what a sociable child he is, and he just wants to be involved with what everyone else is doing!

Once I finally got him home, he took a bath, and we sang songs the whole time. He loves singing songs, and always asks for "more??" Head & shoulders is one of his favorite.

Currently, he's been in bed for about half an hour and I still hear him chatting up a storm, and just a few minutes ago I heard him yelling "Kawla!!!!" Im so in love with that little boy I just cannot believe it! Im looking forward to this summer just spending time together and outside. Playing the back yard in a little wading pool, just being together as a family!!

No comments: