Monday, May 9, 2011

Disappointed

My weekend was so crazy busy! I feel like I didnt get a chance to sit and relax. I feel like I didnt get much time to spend with my family. We had family over for supper on Friday night, I had roadside clean up on Saturday morning, a wedding ceremony in the afternoon, and then the reception in the evening. Sunday morning I was teaching in the 2 year old room at church, then went to the church service after I helped out, then came home and helped make lunch for my MIL. Phew. Okay, I can breath.

Mother's Day hasnt really been a big deal for me. Maybe its because my mom didnt make a big deal about it when we grew up... but its funny, because I feel like its kinda like my birthday or Christmas. You are excited but dont want to expect too much, and at the end of the day you always feel  a little disappointed. This was how I felt yesterday. A tad bit disappointed.

I read a friends blog, and she also posted on Mothers Day. Its nice to know that Im not the only one that felt kinda crummy on mothers day. Life is so busy, and at the end of the day I was feeling very sorry for myself. All of the thoughts start stirring and I start feeling more upset and more angry. Its frustrating, but maybe I need to change my expectations. Its hard to hear about everyone else's breakfast in bed, little cards made by their children, little presents they received, or what a great day they had. Mine was the same as always, nothing out of the ordinary or really too special. Im not blaming my dear husband because I know he is busy and had alot of Eli time in the weekend while I was out being busy busy. But I still feel sad about the day. However, I did get Eli to say "Happy. Mummy's. Day." Melted my heart!

This week is also a busy week too. I have some stuff around the house that Id like to tackle but have to find the time. Painting the upstairs bathroom, cleaning the carpets, painting the back entrance and the list goes on. Which reminds me, does anyone have any good home remedies for removing coffee out of a carpet? We had some coffee spill on our carpet this weekend, and I thought I got it out but its still there. A brown stain on my almost white carpets.... I cant get it out for the life of me. The brown stain is screaming at me, and I need to have it go! Any ideas? Help please!!

So theres an update of our crazy life. Hope you all had a great weekend, and are enjoying the beautiful weather! Its finally time to enjoy the sun, and get out there to play in the park!! Yay!!!!

No comments: