Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Growing leaps and bounds

Alright, alright... Ive been avoiding posting a bit because Im not feeling motivated to sit down and write. However I do have quite a bit to talk about!

This weekend was a good, busy weekend. I cleaned for both of my clients and made some extra money. Such a blessing to have the extra work! I started cleaning for some new clients and I love them! They are so nice, and easy to get along with! Its my friends sister and brother in law so it works out really well!!

Eli was also a bundle of fun this past weekend. He is so chatty, I cannot believe it. As we were eating supper on saturday night, he took a potatoe said "dip dip." proceeded to dip it in BBQ sauce (we were eating steak) popped it in his mouth and exclaimed "LIKE IT!!!" We've never heard him say that before so it was a huge shock!! He is such a good boy! Then tonight at supper he ate something and said "I like it!!" He's never put 3 works together like that so both Andy and I were shocked and oh so proud! He sure is growing leaps and bounds every day!!

On Monday we went and visited my aunt, and Eli's great aunt. Katherine, Eli, my Aunt and I all ventured off to IHop for breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I welcomed this special date! However, I didnt know how Eli was going to do sitting in one spot/area for 45 minutes or so! He did incredible!! He loved being with his Great Aunt, and eating lots of bacon. He sat for nearly an hour and was content pretty much the whole time. He again was so chatty with my aunt and loved holding her hand and walking. Im hoping to visit with her again next week, its so good for Eli to spend time with his family like that! Family is such a blessing. Im hoping to get out of town this summer to go spend time with family just a few hour away. Eli is at an age now where we can go and its alot easier to take him for a few days.

Something funny happened this evening. The 3 of us were upstairs hanging out listening to Andy play guitar and Eli ventured downstairs. After a few minutes Eli came upstairs with Andy's beer bottle (that he was drinking and left downstairs) in hand, then proceeded to hand it to his Dad. We didnt ask him to go get it or anything, he just took it upon himself to go get it and give it to his Dad. Kind of cute I think.

All in all, its been a good few days. Feeling so blessed. I cleaned and did laundry today, and even had time to watch Monster in Law while I folded laundry. Nothing better than a romantic comedy on a gloomy day!

No comments: