Friday, June 24, 2011

17 Day Diet

Im so glad its Friday. Feels like its been awhile since I had a weekend, but really all of last weekend was mine to relax!! I do have to work this weekend, but regardless it'll be nice to spend some time with my boys at home!!

For the longest time Ive been wanting to get back into shape, and loose the extra weight I have. Im looking at about an extra 20-25 lbs on my body. I hate the feeling of not being comfortable in my jeans, or liking the way I look, or going shopping and trying on sizes that I used to fit into, but am now 2 or 3 sizes larger!! Its not a nice feeling. So why not do something about it, right?? A friend of mine was telling me about a diet (I hate calling it that!!) that she was doing. Its called the 17 Day Diet. Its a diet book written by a medical family doctor, and there are different cycles/phases in it. The first phase is 17 days. It basically consists of giving up sugar, and carbs. When they say giving up carbs though we're talking about carbs like breads, and such... not carbs that may be fruit. In this "diet" you eat unlimited amount of cleansing vegetables which consist of peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms, lettuce, carrots, celery, leeks, and the list goes on. You also eat a lot of protein too. The thing that Ive really liked about this "diet" is it is attainable. I can do it, and its easy! For breakfast I have a shake with fruit in it, or 2 boiled eggs with a piece of fruit! Easy and quick!! Then to follow each meal you drink a cup of green tea to kick your metabolism into high gear!

I started on Monday, and have done a pretty good job. Im using the template of the 17 day diet, but am also counting calories too. I found a great app on my iphone (which I dropped in water and now its acting up!!!) Its called My Fitness Pal, and it has such a huge data base so its easy to count calories and input exercise, and anything else you might need to, including weight!!!

Its important to watch what Im eating but I dont want to get so rigid about it that I dont enjoy it. So on Wednesday when we had our small group over I had a small amount of chips, as well as dessert, but it was waaaaaaay less than I usually would have.

Each morning I weigh myself, and input it into my tracker and so far Im down almost 2.5lbs. It maybe water weight, but its still something! I have also started jogging and walking every day!! Now lets just hope my stomach will get a bit nicer... maybe one day Ill be able to wear a bikini again!

We'll see...

1 comment:

arnie&bekah said...

Suzie counted her calories and went for walks/jogs everyday and has now lost 40 lbs!! You can do it! She would even have desserts and stuff too...just not tonnes of it. You could ask her about it, but I'm sure you'll be able to do it!