Monday, June 27, 2011

Where did the weekend go...

Usually I start my posts after a weekend saying that it was quite relaxing! Not this post. I worked my butt off. I cleaned on Saturday morning, Sunday morning and then Sunday afternoon. I found an extra job online. Someone was looking for a move out clean, and I ended up doing it for them! The guy was super nice, and actually works in the army. Him and his girlfriend are moving in together and his tenants were coming that evening and he just didnt have time to clean. So I cleaned as much as I could with most of the furniture in in the house still. I ended up working for 4 hours and made a few hundred dollars. Move out/in cleanings are the way to make money because you can charge a flat rate instead of an hourly rate. Worked well to make some extra money! But because I did that from 8am-12pm, I had to head to my other clients place right after to clean from 1-4:30! It was a long day thats for sure! But I made some good money this weekend, and that felt really good!! But when I got home last night I was pooped! Its incredible how 7.5 hours of cleaning will exhaust you! And let me tell you, by the time I was done cleaning at the end of the weekend, I had cleaned 4 microwaves in total, and 4 houses (including my own!!) Insane!

Im still on the road with my 17 Day Diet, and counting calories. Its definitly not easy, and finally on Saturday evening I decided to give into my sugar craving that Id been pushing off all week. I actually had a dream about an ice cream sundae! Uh yah, seriously! So I had 2 small scoops of ice cream, with a banana, and a small amount of chocolate sauce on it. Well I should say I had, I tried to have but honestly it was too sweet! After not having almost any refined sugars for a whole week, I couldnt eat that much ice cream! I ended up eating the banana's and letting the ice cream melt away in the sink. Crazy hey?? But I think being more active, and watching what Im eating, along with drinking way more water is starting to pay off. I started doing this last Tuesday, so almost a week and have gone down 4.2 pounds. Obviously, I dont see a difference in my body, but it feels good to see it on the scale! Just gotta keep going!

So thats where I wanted to ask you, any suggestions on workout videos? I love going to workout classes like Zumba or anything like that but it doesnt always mean I can get out to do it, so having a video at home is a good idea!! Suggestions??

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey Karla, Good for you!

I love doing the Jillian Michaels video's at home. They are only a 1/2 hour but they kick your butt.

Lindsay said...

Great work Karla! What a busy weekend, but hey, all the calories you burned! Happy for and inspired by you :)