Thursday, June 30, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Im feeling anxious tonight. Why? We finally decided to move Eli into his big boy bed this weekend. Since Andy is home tomorrow and its a long weekend, we thought this might be a good time to do it. He isn't trying to crawl out yet, however he jumps in it and pounds around like there's no tomorrow! It makes me very nervous, and I know he can definitely hoist himself up on the bars up to his waist, its just a matter of time till he throws his leg over and he's out!

Every morning when I go in to get Eli out of his crib, he tells me that his bed is broken and that it need to be fixed. He also loves laying in his friends "big boy beds" whenever we go to visit at someone else's house. He will say "Night, night, sleep time." Tell you to close the door, and shut the light out. So Im hoping that this means he's ready!

One of the reasons I think Im having so much trouble with it is because of 2 reasons. 1) I dont think I want to accept that my "baby" is no longer a baby anymore. Once he's out of his crib, that really means he is a big boy!! And 2) He is such an incredible sleeper right now. He naps 2-3+ hours a day, and at night he sleeps 12+ hours which includes him sleeping in until after 8am most days!! Its a beautiful thing, really! So here's hoping that the sleep continues. Ill keep you posted on it!

No comments: