Friday, July 15, 2011

Hello, this is my 2 year old Eli

My dear son has been showing me his 2 year old side lately! The past few days actually, more than anything.

Where do I start? Maybe with the horrible sleep he had on Wednesday night which I suspect may be the real issue. So lets start there.

Wednesday night I went to go check on Eli and he had fallen asleep on the floor. He was on his stomach but close to the bed so I picked him up and put him into bed. Bad idea. He woke up and was ready to rumble. Basically in his mind he had had a small power nap and was ready for the night! He didn't go to sleep until after midnight.

Yesterday he was exhausted because he hadn't slept well, which I can't blame him. I was in a mood too because I hadn't slept well because he kept us up.

Now today however is a different story. He slept great last night, and woke up around 7:30am. We had breakfast, and started our day. He didn't want to take his sleep sack off, or have his diaper changed, okay fine. I didnt push it. He wanted to play with Andy's drill, okay I got the mini drill so he could see it and "fix" things. The battery wasn't on it, and Eli was right P.O'd about that! He told me I needed to fix it, and get the battery. He then had a tantrum about that. We got ready for the day and headed off to the bank. As we stood in line he told me he needed to used the bathroom. So off we went to the bathroom. He didn't go. Back in line. He was touching everything, and not listening. When I told him that if he didnt listen to me he couldnt have a cookie at save on foods, he crossed his arms and turned his back to me!! But he didn't put his face in the floor (Thank you, Lord!!) in the middle of the bank. So the list goes on about the upsets at save on, and then we got home where Eli decided he wanted chips before lunch. Not happening! He proceeded to scream his head off, and thrash on the floor.

I know that he is 2 years old, but oh boy is he ever teaching me patience! Some days are so awesome and other days are lets just say challenging. But Im glad to say that I honestly start laughing when he throws tantrums like this because what good does yelling do? Like I said,  Im really learning patience these days!! Thanks Eli.

 This is how it starts!! Up on the tippy toes, body tenses up, and the whine. Isn't he cute??

No comments: