Saturday, July 9, 2011

Too Long

Alright, Im sorry its been a week since I posted last!

Things have been good, and in fact its been a very relaxing week. Very quiet and not too much on the go! Its been nice.

Eli has done wonderful in his big boy bed! Im so proud of him! The transition has had its ups and downs, but so far things are pretty good. The hardest part, or maybe I should say the most challenging part has been nap times. One day he will fall asleep without messing around in his room too much, and other days (like Friday!) he farted around for a good 2 hours before finally falling asleep. I tried everything to get him to stay in bed, and sleep. At one point I heard him slamming around, went upstairs and he wasnt in bed, and I couldnt see him in his room. "Eli, get out of the closet." The closet door slowly opened and out walked Eli. I had to laugh! But all in all he has done good. Bed time he goes down very easy, and says to us "Stay bed??" In the morning he will either knock on his door if he cant open it, or slowly make his way into our room, and sheepishly check if we're awake. So beautiful!

This evening my brother in law and I bottled our red wine, which was actually the Cabernet Savignon. Ya see, here's the thing. Since we know nothing about wine we accidentally put the wrong labels on the first batch of wine!! The first batch was Chardonnay!! Oops. At any rate, we had a nice supper and then bottled our wine and relaxed for the rest of the night! My little sister (who isnt so little anymore!) drove me home and what do you think the chances are of us running into a check stop. Not very high. In the 7 years Ive been driving, Ive never ran into a check stop, and tonight was the night we did! Well luckily for us we hadn't been drinking. You probably have a hard time believing that we were bottling 31 bottles of wine and didn't drink. Katherine didn't drink, she tried one sip, and I had maybe 4 sips of wine, but that was it. Not even a full glass!! Kind of ironic and funny I think!!


Thats the just if our weekend. Like I said our week was fairly quiet. We spent alot of time outside (when it was nice and not raining!!) and sure enjoyed it! I dont mind the rain so much because it sure makes us slow down, and relax!!

Ill post some pictures of the last week or so, and our wine soon!!

No comments: