Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend away, and a 2 year old boy

Oh my, its been almost a week since I last posted!!

Where have I been you wonder? Out of town actually. We have had some family visiting from England and when they were heading out of town for a few days with my parents to visit some other family I thought we'd take up the offer and go with them! It was just Eli and I, poor Andy had to stay home and have the whole quiet house to himself for 2 nights. He was lucky if you ask me!

Eli did great, and loved seeing family. I love seeing him with my extended family. He loves them so much, and just gets what he wants! Lucky boy. He got to stay up late as well (which Im paying for today, with a very bratty/crabby 2 year old!!) and eat a lot of junk.

Off we went for 2 nights (thursday-saturday).

It was also a pleasure to spend time with our family from England, its been forever since we saw them, and so the visit was great! Id love to go visit them sometime, maybe one day!

Once we got back on Saturday, we were both exhausted and just relaxed. I was able to go out with my best friend for some drinks in the evening, and the quiet girl time was much appreciated! Nothing like a few long island ice teas and your best friend to make you feel happy!

Sunday was a busy day as well. Church in the morning, and then I cleaned in the afternoon. Not so bad all things considered though.

Then today. Oh today.... how Im glad its over! Eli was a crabby, 2 year old today, and he was either one extreme or the other! One moment he was happy as could be, the next he was screaming his head off. We went to the mall to get a few things done, and Eli wanted to ride the glass elevator. So after riding it up and down 5 or 6 times I told him he had one more time and we were done. Finally when we stepped out of the elevator he lost it, and was clearly not ready to be done. Too bad for me we were on the opposite end from where we parked. I had to carry my screaming 2 year old through the whole mall. I know now how those other mothers feel that I once stared at. When we arrived at our vehicle I placed him down to open the door and when I turned around he was GONE!! I stepped back to look behind my vehicle and a young woman walked past and said "he went that way." "UGH!!!!!!" I actually, replied. Once I saw him I followed him down and what did he do. The little boy ran even faster!! Then when I picked him up, he wound up and hit me! I told him we dont hit, and he continued to hit me, over and over and over. It honestly took everything in me not to hit him back! I was so angry. Words cannot express how angry I was, however I did keep my cool. When we got home he had lunch and went straight to bed. I know that the reason he acted out like this is because he is exhausted from the weekend and staying up too late. However, that does not make it okay to hit and run away in a parking lot.

So theres the update!! I love being a mom of a 2 year old, but it does have its days!!

Here are a few pictures from our time away!!

 Walking down the beach with his great aunty!! I love this picture!!
 Shoulder ride with Papa!!
 Eating chips!!
 Playing with playdoh! Apparently, it looks like something must've been gross!!

Would you believe Eli took this picture of me?

1 comment:

Kelly Stoski said...

We are in the 2 year old trenches right now too, but we also have a 4 year old, so I can say with total confidence.....IT WILL PASS!!! And it is worth it in the long run. But you hit the nail on the head in your post. It doesn't matter if he's tired (or hungry or too hot or overstimulated or whatever) he has to learn that he cant behave a certain way, no matter what the reason. It sometimes feels like it will never sink in, and is he rally old enough to understand? The answer is YES. So keep up the good work, and dont worry about people who stare. If they have kids over 2, they are thinking "oh been there. good for her for standing her ground". If they are childless, who cares. Let them look. Maybe one day they will be in your shoes and understand :)