Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pictures & Paintings

Only 24 hours until I leave on a jet plane! I cannot wait! Im pretty much ready to go, just a few odds and ends things and then Im ready! My girlfriend and I went to get pedicures this morning, and since I had a sitter for another hour I headed home to do some laundry and pack a few other things.

Yesterday, Eli and I went to the zoo with some family and it was an awesome day! The weather and company was great! We've been reading books with Eli about Curious George going to the Zoo, and so it was a special trip to go to the zoo to see the monkeys, elephant, birds, etc. However he was disappointed there was no puppy. My plan for the day was to go to the zoo for a few hours in the morning, head home and we'd take a nap. But Eli was doing so good, and we were all having such a great time that I decided we'd stay for the afternoon. He did great, and I was totally impressed with him. Eli even got to take his first ride in a paddle boat. After we left the zoo, we stopped for an ice cream at McDonalds with my mother in law. For those of you who have small children, if you go to McDonalds for an ice cream, ask them if they have a baby cone. Its about a 2 inch (if that!!) cone with a very small amount of ice cream in it. Eli loved it, and it was the perfect about for him... even a bit much actually!

At the beginning of the week, I had a lady contact me saying she wanted to buy one of my paintings. Actually, what she told me was, "I cant come today, but I need that painting, so can I come tomorrow?" Generally, if you know Kiijiji you know that people usually bail last minute so I didnt actually expect that things would work out. She came by on Thursday afternoon, and checked out all of my art work. She ended up buying not one but two of my most favorite paintings!! She bought two paintings from me! I cannot believe it! These are the 2 paintings she bought:



She also mentioned that she'd like me to do some custom work for her! I cannot believe it! Im feeling so blessed!

I havent posted any pictures of our little guy lately so here are some of the past weeks of us being out and about!! I will post when I get back from my trip!!











No comments: