Monday, January 23, 2012

Raging War... Kind Of

My husband and I are having a war... of course a war that we're only joking (partially!!) about.

I came home on Saturday morning after getting my hair done and he was in the kitchen re organizing and cleaning! Not bad, Im definitely not complaining... However, he decided that there's no need with our cabinet space that things need to be on the counter. So as he was re organizing everything he put away my jars that I use fairly often. I keep them on the counter for a reason... a few actually. 1) I'm not tall and grabbing a stool every time I want to get down the oatmeal or sugar is a pain, and 2) I use them often enough that it is ideal to have them on the counter. And they dont look that bad either!!

He also decided he was going to re organize my cook books and such, putting them up high. Didn't go over well with me, and after some fighting (more like play fighting/flirting) I won. But when it comes to the jars on the counter, we're still at war. If he's in the kitchen and Ive put them back on the counter, he'll put them up, and then when I come into the kitchen and see they're back up, Ill pull them down.

Here is how he'd like to see the counter



And the cabinet where the bins should go.


This is how I'd like to see it



Now, I personally think it looks a lot nicer with the bins in the corner, and that space filled... What do you think, and seriously how do we come to a compromise on this one?! I think, I do the majority of the cooking so shouldn't it be how I'd like it?

2 comments:

Barb said...

You win! Keep them down! On another note, I love your backsplash!

Heidi said...

Thats a tough one Karla! It looks nice both ways. Those containers are not taking up a lot of space on the counter, but they look easily accessible in the cupboard as well. Maybe if they go on the shelves you could switch the bottom shelf and the one that they were on so they are lower down and even easier to get at?!?