Monday, February 6, 2012

A bit of everything

A few months ago Andy's foreman asked him to work 2 weekends in February. We agreed that he would and that we would make it through. For those of you that have husbands who work out of town for 2 weeks at a time your probably thinking this is no big deal. But for us this is a big stretch. Andy's work schedule is Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, he's home from work by 4 (at the latest!!) I cannot even tell you how much I love this schedule. Well these 2 work weekends are here. It was this past weekend and next weekend. So in total he'll be working 14 days straight. He's already tired, but we'll make it through! With buying a house and all the extra money will be a huge blessing! God is so good to us.

Yesterday, Eli & I went out to my parents place for pretty much most of the day. Eli loves being out there with my parents, and especially with my dad, whom he calls Papa. One of the reasons Eli loves his Papa so much is because he is always willing to take him outside. My dad is a busy guy (kinda like Eli!!) and loves to be outside and on the go (kinda like Eli!!) so when my dad got home from doing some errands yesterday, Eli was ecstatic and couldn't wait to play with him. My dad took him outside, and they went for a walk (usually out to the back 40 acres, where there is a yellow schoolbus parked that they can play in!!) but yesterday they went for a short walk, played in the snow, and best of all  jumped on the trampoline. They'd play on the trampoline, then go for a walk, and back to the trampoline. It is so beautiful to see the 2 of them together. My mom said to me as they were laying on the trampoline, "I wonder what they talk about?" Good point. Its such a beautiful sight. They even went cross country skiiing (for all of about 90 seconds!!) but Eli was on his little ski's! So because they were outside for so long, 2pm rolled around when they came in and then we had lunch. By the time we left, nap time was over and Eli was a happy kid still!!

At bedtime last night he played in his room for a bit and then finally went to sleep. On Friday night his door wasn't closed all the way and he figured it out, and decided to sneak around upstairs. He got more comfortable and came down the stairs to spy on us. Funny thing is, I remember doing that as a kid. We laughed so hard. So last night he tried doing that a few times and then finally gave up once we caught him. I was sure he'd be up bright and early because 1) he had taken his pants off and mustve been freezing, but 2) usually when he's over tired he gets up earlier. Well I was wrong. 8:30am he got up!! He was so happy, and so was his mama.

This is what I've decided. Cut the nap, if he needs it, he'll take it, BUT... he will still have quiet time in his room. He keeps himself content very well, especially if he thinks he's supposed to be napping and gets to play in his room. He'll stay in his room hanging out sometimes for up to 2 hours. He gets some down time and so do I. Good happy medium I think!

We're off to the house this evening to do an inspection and our conditions should be lifted on Friday. We've started taking applications for renters, and even had a lady 411 us yesterday because she was so interested! We showed a guy and his daughter our place yesterday, so its a start!! Im taking a class on Wednesday on becoming a landlord, and so thatll give us the information we need to know and how to start. For $40 you cant really go wrong!

As for my pregnancy, things are going well. I was 16 weeks on Saturday. I remember when I was 4 weeks, feels like just yesterday! I've felt some movement but nothing that is too crazy, which to be honest Im enjoying. Just feeling like myself for the time being is nice. It wont last for long. I have my next midwifery appointment next Monday, and I have a feeling she may have a concern about my weight gain... or lack there of. Im not not eating, in fact I enjoyed onion rings, a cheeseburger and milkshake on Saturday night but despite still eating as much I usually would I havent put on any weight. In fact I lost weight when I found out I was pregnant, and now Im sitting at the same weight. We'll see what she says. We have our 19 week ultrasound on the 24th and we're hoping to find out what it is. Eli had no problem showing us his bits when we had our ultrasound, so lets hope this baby is the same! Other than that Im feeling great! No complaints for the most part!!

Here's a few pictures for you guys to peek at! I posted a current picture from me at 16 weeks, and then the picture below is me pregnant with Eli at 15 weeks. Not a great picture, but one to compare at least.



  

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh you look so cute!! Cant believe you are 16 weeks already. You look gorgeous!!