Monday, March 5, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

We had a great weekend! Andy didnt have to work (per say!) this weekend but we sure did a lot of work around the house! We finished off the flooring in the back entrance, put on new baseboards in the back entrance, as well as some of the kitchen and put on the door frame for the back door! These are all jobs that have been linger for forever, and finally their done!! It feels so good!! All that work took up most of our time on Saturday, so we decided to take Eli swimming in the evening. We know that generally he will get sick after we go swimming, weather it be the flu or ear infections in both ears, but he loves it so much!! To see him so excited and happy in the water is almost worth it (at least I say that now before he's sick!!)

Because we worked so hard on Saturday both Andy and I were exhausted come 9:30pm, and went to bed early. Andy was wide awake and ready to go by 6:30am, so he got up before Eli & I. Which worked out well for me because when Eli emerged from his room an hour later Andy was up already and I could stay in bed. I slept till 8:15am, until Eli came in and asked me if I wanted some tea. I came downstairs to chocolate/strawberry crepes all ready for me!! I cannot tell you how incredible it was to have someone make me breakfast! Usually, Im the one in the kitchen! aaaah! So nice. We then got ready and headed off to church. After church, Eli & his Nana went out for the afternoon on a date which left Andy and I at home by ourselves. It was a little weird, and very quiet! We went out and did some shopping, once again... for me. Andy took me to Thyme Maternity and he went in one direction, I went in the other, and by the end we both had a handful of clothes for me to try on! A lot of the stuff I tried on I wouldn't have picked out because of the price tag (can you say Hello expensive maternity clothes!! ugh!) but he insisted, and said it didn't matter! Nothing like having a great morning and afternoon to make you feel special!

Then last night, my mom and I went out to a movie. All in all it was a great weekend!! Only 10 days till we get possession of our house, and 12 till we move!! My house feels like its in shambles, and I feel like I have a ton of work to do! But I figure bit by bit we'll get it done over the next 12 days! Because we dont have tenants moving in until the 1st of April it also buys us some time as well!

I realized I hadnt posted pictures of our new little home. So for now Im only posting pictures of the outside, Ill post inside once we get settled and somewhat decorated! We are going to repaint the kitchen cabinets so we have a bit of work to do, and some painting, but nothing that is too crazy!!





We have so much coming up, and honestly Im counting down the days to each of them! Possession, moving, ladies retreat, Andys birthday, weekend in Banff at the Banff springs hotel, and then a month after that we're headed off to Banff as a family,just the 3 of us!! It will be nice once life quiets down a bit, but in the mean time we're along for the ride!

No comments: