Monday, March 26, 2012

Home Pictures

Im sorry I havent posted in a few days! I came down with a cold last week, and am still having trouble kicking it. Started with a sore throat, and then runny/stuffy nose, and then a cough. Once I think Im on the mend, one or both or all three come back and I feel like Im being beat up by this cold! Unfortunately, this is the second time I've been somewhat sick in the last 2 months. Not too much I can do about it either... just upping my Vitamin C, trying to rest when I can, and thats about it. On top of that I havent been sleeping too well because I can't breath and when I can my throat is so dry and sore. If its not one thing its another. Owell!!

We had a very relaxing weekend, of continuing to get settled into our new home. Apart from not having any couches upstairs in the living room it feels like home. We put our couches downstairs where the TV is, which means 1) No T.V upstairs in the living room and 2) No couches upstairs in the living room. We did this on purpose as to hope we can cut down on the amount of TV Eli is watching. I think it has helped somewhat because if we're not downstairs, we're not watching TV, and its not even on for back round noise. Ive become really conscious of how much a bit of TV time adds up here and there.. at the end of the day it can be waaaay too much, and I dont like it.Eli is doing really well here at the new house. He always asks when we go out where the new house is, or if we can go back to the new house. We stopped into the duplex this morning and he was very quiet and asked if we could leave. The stress of Eli not adjusting well to the house was one of my biggest stresses, and it has gone incredible! Way better than I expected! We prayed alot about it, and had a lot of friends and family praying for the transition as well... So if you prayed for us, thank you so much! Lets hope the new addition of a baby will be that easy! ;-)

This afternoon I had a chance to meet a neighbor that lives across the street. Theres a high chance that I went to school with her daughter. This lady was out for a walk with her grand daughter, and said she was going to come over to meet us and let us know if we need anything dont hesitate to come over. I really appreciated this because we havent met anyone else on our street (not even out next door neighbors!) and I know the longer I leave it, the harder it'll be. When we were at the duplex & our new neighbors moved in, the first thing I did was bake some blueberry muffins and take them over when they were moving in. I dont think people really do that these days though. They dont go out of their way to meet their new neighbors, or extend relationships. A part of me is feeling a bit bitter that our neighbors on the one side havent come over to at least introduce themselves. Guess I could go over there.

Our new tenants move in this weekend, and to be 100% honest I cant wait for this month to be over. Its been crazy and busy. Once this month is over that means that life starts to slow down and we can get settled in. Duplex work is done, and our tenants will be in. We can relax, and enjoy our new home and getting ready for the new baby!

This week, I am 24 weeks along, and I cant believe how fast its gone. Im feeling really good, and had a midwifery appointment last week. Because Im RH negative (blood type) at my next appointment (28 weeks) Ill have to get some blood work done, and also get a shot because there is a risk that my body could see the baby as a threat and try to get rid of it because our blood types will probably be different. This pregnancy is quite different than with Eli, and so is this baby. He is a lot more quiet than Eli was. Eli was always on the move, busy, busy, busy... and if you know Eli now thats exactly how he is. Busy, busy, busy, lets always be moving. This baby though has its bouts of busyness, but for the most part seems very calm and quiet. We'll see if this reflects his personality when he's born.

Anyways, here are some pictures of our place from when we first moved in. Things have changed a bit, but you can kind of see what the place looks like.
 Hallway down to the bedrooms & bathrooms
 Eli's room, he moved all of his car decals over to his bed the first night we were in the house.
 This will be the baby's room, minus the nasty curtains! ;-)
 This will be our office
 Hallway to our room & bathroom
 Our bedroom
 Door to our bathroom, its only a partial, but I know a good plumber who has plans of putting in a great shower for us!
 Full bathroom, upstairs.
 Dining room
 These cabinets will be painted, new appliances will go in, and we'll also do new counter tops
 Living room with no couches, this is used mostly as a play room for Eli right now
 Back Yard
Garage
 Our TV/Rec room downstairs.
 My oversized laundry room, with more storage in the back
 Downstairs bathroom
 Another bedroom downstairs
 Another room downstairs, which will probably be used as an arts/crafts room

No comments: