Tuesday, May 22, 2012

32 weeks

Where does time go? Honestly, another week has passed and I cant believe it!

The long weekend we had was great! We got a lot done around the house, and even had some time to relax. The baby's room is pretty much all finished and ready for a new baby. We've started stocking up on diapers and such, which makes it feel way more real! You forget how little those newborn diapers are when you haven't used them in 3 years!! Andy did the final work in the babys room and put up my art work that I finally got around to finishing. Im very happy with how the room looks, and the price point that we spent was even better!!

It blows my mind that I am now 32 weeks pregnant, which means really 8 weeks (maybe less or maybe a bit more!) until we have our new bundle of joy. Im a ball of emotions as Im nervous for the change, as well as the lack of sleep Im about to endure. Nothing can ever prepare you for the lack of sleep a newborn brings on, so Im trying to enjoy my sleep as much as possible right now. Again, as I said last week Im feeling pretty good. Lots of braxton hicks contractions, which are just annoying, not so much painful. I dont remember them being so intense with Eli though. This time around they are more intense, and there is way more pressure on my bladder! Thats generally how I know one is coming on, because I feel like I have to pee, and the pressure is crazy! My next midwifery appointment is next week, and I believe I start to see her every 2 weeks at that point as we get closer to my due date. For any of you wondering, my estimated due date is July 17th, however when people ask I usually just say mid to late July, as due dates really mean nothing to me... and I dont believe they're much of an indicator to go by. Thats just me though.

The baby has been moving tons, and its even starting to feel a tad uncomfortable. The other night I woke up to what I thought was Andy's hand on my stomach and as I rolled over and went to push his hand off me, I realized there was no hand and it was the baby moving. Oops. Im still sleeping not bad for the most part, only getting up to pee once a night and usually I dont get up till 4:30am to go. Might just be because Im lazy and dont want to pull myself out of bed.

Eli's 3rd birthday is coming up soon, and Ive been tossing around dates and what to do for a party. Its only a few weeks ago (June 9th) so I need to get on it soon. So much to do, not enough time!!

No comments: