Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Life is Crazy

Our lives have been a bit insane this week! Long story short, we're in the midst of looking for tenants for our rental property, and my phone/email has been flooded with interest in it. Its crazy, and somewhat overwhelming. I dont think Ive ever received so many phone calls, or messages! But its great, too! Im sure we wont have an issue finding new tenants!

I am now 33.5 weeks pregnant, and had a midwifery appointment yesterday. Everything is looking good, Im measuring right at 33 weeks, baby is still head down, although hasn't dropped yet. Last week I over did it on Wednesday by cleaning the whole house, and then going outside and doing some gardening. My hips were aching and so tight, and then come Thursday morning I was a bit worried because baby was very quiet. I spoke to my midwife about it, and she didnt have any concerns. Its funny how when your pregnant you read into every little thing to make sure somethings not wrong. Otherwise, all is really well. Eli has been asking to give his baby brother more kisses & cuddles. The other morning he had his hand on my tummy and exclaimed, "I think baby brother is crawling?!" I said "Really? You think so??" he said, "Yah he is!!!!"

This morning Eli got up around 7am, and went into the living room to play. I got up about 10 minutes after him and he was standing in the hall looking into the pantry. He saw me walking up to him and put his hand up in the air, then said "Just dont look at the mess in the fridge. I will clean it up. Just dont look, ok Mommy?" I said, "Mess? What mess?" He said, "Just dont look mommy, I will clean it up, ok?" He had tried to help himself to some juice and spilled it in the fridge. I gotta give the kid props though, he did have a tea towel on the floor and was attempting to clean it up. I told him not to worry about it, and accidents happen.

I also had an orthodontist appointment this morning, and I have exciting news! We are getting closer and closer to my braces being ready to come off. There is one small gap on the top of my teeth that needs to be closed, thats it!! He said its the type of gap that is hard to close with a retainer and we'll just need to wait it out. I asked him if he still thought they'd be coming off in October as originally discussed and he said he would hope that maybe we could have them off before the baby is born... which is 7 - 8 weeks. While I doubt that they'll be ready to come off before the baby is born, even if I can get them off this summer, I would be ecstatic!! The gap is very small, so we just have to wait to see how things go! Im crossing my fingers, it wont take too much!!


No comments: