Friday, June 8, 2012

3 years old

Tomorrow is Eli's 3rd birthday. Where does time go? Tonight at dinner we sat down, and talked about how we really can't believe he is 3. I remember when I found out I was pregnant... Have you heard that story?? Let me quickly tell you.

We weren't planning on getting pregnant at the time, we had said we wanted to be married for 2 years before we had kids. When Eli was born, we had been married for 2 years and 2 months. The night I found out I was pregnant, Andy and I had gotten into an argument... I left and decided I was going out for awhile. I went to the mall, grabbed something to eat, and really had nothing to do. Let me just say the weekend before my cousin got married and I had taken a pregnancy test then because I was late, and it was negative. So, back to that night, after I had dinner... I decided to run into Shoppers Drug Mart to grab a test, and as I pulled down the road, I realized I didnt want to go home to take this stupid thing because I was mad at Andy and had to make a point... stubborn right? I see a Dairy Queen, and quickly pull into the parking lot thinking "Ill just run into the bathroom, take the test and leave. Its going to be negative anyway." So, I did just that. Ran into the Dairy Queen bathroom, peed on the stick, and within seconds it was a very clear positive. I panicked, and rushed home, ran through the door and basically threw the stick at Andy. He said, "Are you pregnant?!" I said, "I dunno, Ive gotta go get another test!!" In which he replied, "I need to get something to eat." We went our separate ways, me off to buy another pregnancy test and him to go get food. Guess where he ate, Dairy Queen. I must've spent $50+ on pregnancy tests because I couldn't believe it. Well 9 months later, Eli was born. June 9th.

I really laugh about that story now, and go ahead you can too. I remember thinking after he was born "What the hell have we done??" The lack of sleep, not knowing this little person and now all of a sudden Im his mom, not being able to just get up and go out.... but I wouldn't change a thing.

He is such a beautiful boy, who brings so much joy, and laughter (and stress too!!) into our lives. He's started to pray for supper these days, no one else is allowed to pray... he has to. "God, I pray for our food. In God's naaaaame Aaaaamen." Its so beautiful.

People did tell me, "Enjoy it, it goes by so fast." and I remember thinking, "Oh yah? I just want to get through tonight!!" But its so true, I cant believe how fast it goes!!

Happy Birthday, Eli!!

 We had just told Andy's mom. I was about 6 weeks pregnant
 18 weeks, I cant believe thats our Eli!
 Eli under the heater in the hospital
 Our 1 year old!
Our 2 year old


3rd birthday picture to come!!

1 comment:

Jeremy, Lacy, Bethany and Cody said...

Hey Karla, how are you all doing? It's been so long since I've talked to you. I hope all is well! Tell my birthday buddy, Happy 3rd Birthday!! Someday I am determined to come up to see you and meet that cutie!!! Love you and miss you, Lacy