Monday, June 11, 2012

35 Weeks Pregnant

We had a great weekend. The weather was forcast to be miserable and wet. But when we woke up on Saturday morning the sun was shining, and the rain held off until about 2pm. This was perfect for us because we had some family & close friends over to celebrate our little boy. He was spoiled rotten and exhausted by the time the party was done. I think we're still playing catch up on the long busy day! But it was good. Im glad its come and gone.

Over my pregnancy, Ive been telling myself that I just need to get to Eli's birthday, celebrate him, one last hurrah before the baby comes, and then its only a few short weeks until my due date. Well, Eli's birthday has come and gone... that was the day I was aiming for, and now the only other day we're aiming for us my due date.

I had my 35 week midwifery appointment this morning, and every seems good. Im right on par for where I should be. Im measuring 36.5 weeks, but our baby boy has still not dropped. He's hanging out, floating around. We still have a few weeks until Im considered full term, so we'll see what happens. Im starting to see her every week now, as compared to every 2 or 4 weeks. Time will really fly by. Im having more braxton hicks contractions, and the heartburn Im experiencing is insane. Mostly in the evenings after I eat a snack, but this afternoon after Eli & I napped, I had some water and got heartburn from it. Theres an old wives tale that if you have heartburn, your baby will have lots of hair... well at the rate we're going, my baby is gonna be covered. Its insane. Usually, a shot of apple cider vinegar takes care of it... I know what your thinking, its an acid. Yes your right, but it does usually work. Last night, it would not. I tried everything, but ended up resorting to chewing a piece of gum, and sitting on the couch in pain while I waited for it to go away. Eventually, it did, but man it sure was painful.

After my midwifery appointment this morning, things have started to feel a lot more real. We talked about arriving at the hospital, how with midwifery care you'll only be at the hospital for 3 or 4 hours after the baby is born, what to do if my water breaks before Im in labor, and before the baby has engaged/dropped, what to expect with water birth (which I am hoping to do!!) laboring at home, that type of stuff!! It really is a bit overwhelming, but Im so excited to have midwifery care, and do things differently than what most people do. It still blows me away how different it is to sit down with my midwife and have a conversation about my feelings, concerns, have her answer all my questions and more, and not feel rushed, or unimportant!! Its the complete opposite of having traditional medical care! I love it!!

I know I say this every week, but I will try to post a picture soon of my 35 weeks, as well as Eli's birthday party. Sometime this week for sure.

No comments: