Monday, June 4, 2012

When it Rains, It Pours...

This weekend Andy was scheduled to work Saturday. I had my sister and dad over for breakfast, and around 9am, some guy walked in our back door... that guy ended up being my husband, however he scared the heck outta me! I wasn't expecting him home at 9am, especially since he only start work at 7am! The site they're working at is a Shell site, and if you know anything about Shell jobsites, they are big on safety.  I guess one of their guys was there to make sure they had everything up to Shell's standards and surprise surprise, it wasn't, so they shut down the testing. This sent Andy home less than 2 hours after he arrived at work! It was a pleasant surprise to have him home, and just in time for pancakes & bacon!!

We also got to go out to our friends place on Saturday evening just to relax and have some dessert. It was a great evening of visiting, and spending time together! Eli spent time with his Aunt & Uncle, stayed up entirely too late, played with their puppy and had popcorn. Needless to say, we weren't too worried about leaving him with them!

On Sunday morning we got up for Church, and Andy went to go take a shower, but couldn't get any hot water. Great. He replaced a part on the hot water tank, but it wasn't the issue, and after taking a few things apart and digging deeper, found the problem. Dont ask me what it is, cause I have no idea. I just know that the part costs $150 to replace, or we can replace the whole hot water tank (which is 6 years old already) for $400, maybe a bit less cause we have connections with a good plumber. A good lookin one too... for any of you who dont know, my dear husband is a journeyman plumber. Not having hot water is not a big deal, but after spending the afternoon at the park yesterday for my Aunts surprise birthday party, we were all a bit dirty from the sunscreen, and outdoors! Andy and I spent an hour boiling water on the stove and then we all proceeded to take baths. Today was the same thing however only Andy bathed after work, Eli & I didnt. Who would've thought boiling water, and filling up a tub would be such a pain... what a great appreciation I have for a hot water tank, and not being born in the olden days when this is all they did!

So on top of the stress of replacing a hot water tank, and dropping the money, finding new tenants (which we did!!! YAY!!) and having a baby in 6 weeks, and my husband taking a week off work (with no pay!) things are feeling a tad stressful. But Im confident, God is really trying to teach us something in all of this. Maybe be patient, and to trust Him. We had the same stresses come up before Eli was born and now I look back on it and laugh because we were so taken care of! We always are! God has a way of being faithful like that! But Im sure feeling like when it rains, it pours! All of this stuff is enough to stress a girl out, although Im trying not to be stressed.

Tomorrow I am 34 weeks pregnant. 6 weeks till my EDD (estimated due date) Eli's birthday is this weekend, and I cant believe our baby boy is 3 already! Where does time go!? Iam starting to see our midwife every 2 weeks now, and then eventually every week. Physically I am feeling heavier (I guess cause I am!!) Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable, and my hips are sore if I sit or stand for too long at a time! Also, this baby is busy, busy, and the movements are extremely strong! Good to know everything is okay, but there are times where it takes my breath away!

After my last midwifery appointment, I decided that we would do a hospital birth. Mostly because I dont know how Eli will react to me and Andy being totally distracted even though he'll have someone here to take care of him, but also the list of things to get prepared and in place for a homebirth is quite large. I dont feel like doing the work to get it all together. Call me lazy, Im okay with that. Just because we're having a hospital birth though doesn't mean it has to be conventional like a hospital birth. I hope to have a water birth still, and plan on using no drugs or interventions. We really only stay at the hospital for a few hours (3-4) after the baby is born, regardless of what time it is. This gives my midwife enough time to make sure baby is okay, me to take a shower, fill out paper work and off we go! I kind of like the idea of this. We can get home and settled quickly after the baby comes. Andy is going to take a week off work, and Im hoping that that week will be a quiet week where we can all bond as a family and adjust to being 4, not 3 anymore. Im nervous about going back to the lack of sleep, and getting up at night. This is one of my biggest fears. But I know every family of 4 (and more!!) goes through this stage and change... and thats really what it is. Its a season of change, and soon enough it will feel normal... whatever normal feels like!!

Ill try to post a 34 week picture this week, but i wanted to tell you... I was out this past week, and had another person tell me that Im having a girl, strictly based on how Im carrying. Because Im carrying out, and not around... this is the second person to tell me this, but Im not getting my hopes up! 2 ultrasounds, and they both showed little boy stuff... so my hopes for a girl are not high. Ill be happy with a healthy baby, regardless of boy or girl! I just find it so entertaining, that people think and are so convinced of the gender of a baby all because of the way mom is carrying.

To each their own, I suppose!!

No comments: