Tuesday, June 19, 2012

36 Weeks - Head up or down?

Another week has come and gone. Its been quite stressful, however we're alive!!

We've had some major issues with our tenants in our duplex, but they're out and gone... and when I say gone I mean, she left the place a mess, disconnected her number, and never to hear from her again. Ohwell. Learning experience. Andy dealt with duplex stuff for most of Saturday, and on Sunday we relaxed and spent time as a family. It was great!! The boys ran around outside playing with their squirt guns, laughing and shouting! Music to my ears!! Because we had to deal with some issues with the duplex Andy took yesterday afternoon off, and it was nice to get everything sorted out and dealt with. We now have tenants moving in before July 1st, and I think they'll be great tenants to live there. I can only hope!!

This week in my pregnancy is 36 weeks. I had a midwifery appointment yesterday, and unfortunately she's having trouble if our dear baby is in fact head down. She's sending me for an ultrasound, to find out the position, and see where we go from there. Im almost positive he was head down, but now I dont think he is anymore. He had hiccups last night and today, and where I feel them the strongest is right in the middle of my tummy to one side. Before when he had hiccups, say 2 weeks ago, they were down right in my pelvis, but not anymore. Back up for discussion in our home right now as well when it comes to labor & delivery is if we are in fact going to go to the hospital. We spoke to my midwife about it, and she wanted to ask us a few questions about why we had decided hospital birth originally. She is so supportive either way and I love that. Ultimately, Andy says it is my decision and he'll support me whichever way we go. So Im wondering if there is a possibility we may in fact have a home birth. Im not sure at this point, but we still have a bit of time. At my midwifery appointment i was measuring 38 weeks (however it could also be because of baby's position!!) and had actually lost 2 pounds. She wasn't concerned at all. So I have my ultrasound on Thursday. I guess you'll probably hear back from me then!!

No comments: