Thursday, June 21, 2012

The verdict is in! Baby is...

We had our ultrasound today! I couldn't find a sitter, so I borrowed a friends DVD player and Eli was great!! He sat and was quiet. Im so thankful that he was cooperative. It could've been a super stressful situation but it wasn't. He was so good! Thanks Tara!!


I didn't get to see much of anything, well actually I saw nothing... the baby is so big that really you cant see a thing, or make out what anything is. But the results are... he is head down, but not over my pelvis. This little stinker has always been in weird positions, and I guess he's keeping to that. His back is turned out, but he more on the side of my tummy. So his spine is on the left side of my tummy, and his feet and arms are all hanging out on the right, his butt is up on the left side under my ribs. I have another appointment with my midwife on Monday, to see if she has any other information for me regarding the placenta, fluid levels, and all the rest of the stuff. Really, he does have a few weeks to turn, and get into position, but who knows she may not even be concerned about it. We'll see. Im hoping he'll get into position, and if he hangs out where he is for a bit I might have to consider having some chiro to get him into place!! But we'll see, maybe Cathy won't be worried about it.

Tomorrow Andy has decided to take the day off so that the 3 of us can head off to the Calgary Zoo. I dont remember if I mentioned this before in any of the posts, but we're very excited. We wanted to do something just the 3 of us before our babys arrival, and this seems do able! Eli doesn't know yet, but we plan to leave early (after he gets up!) in the morning and head out. Thankfully we'll still have that handy dandy DVD player for Eli to stay content with during the drive, and off we'll go! The weather looks a little sketchy but I dont care at this point. Either way (rain or shine!!) we'll just be able to relax and be together as a family!! Eli's been coming down with a runny nose the past few days. Im not sure if its all the poplar fuzz, or if its a cold, but we're crossing our fingers he'll be up to go tomorrow. He didn't nap yesterday, and then last night we put him to bed at 7:30pm, he didn't make a peep after we left the room. I didn't hear anything from his room until 7:20am, when he woke up! I was shocked. And he's down for a nap now. Must be fighting something.

Another thing that I am so happy about (go ahead and laugh!!) is that we had the carpets cleaned in the duplex this morning. I found an ad on Kijiji for a company called Baseline Carpet Cleaning, and he gave me a fair quote. I called Alberta Carpet Cleaning, but felt like they were over price, and also felt like they were really pressuring me into booking, and getting the services done. With Baseline Carpet Cleaning there were no environmental charges, or extra add on's, he didn't try to upsell me with all this mumbo jumbo stuff. I left him to the job while I went for my ultrasound, and came back and was blown away!! The carpets in the duplex were disgusting. I cannot believe what 2 months of someone else living there (who just didn't care one bit!!) did to those carpets, and they look incredible! Im disappointed we didn't have the carpets done when we lived int he duplex, because they are so clean! Iam beyond ecstatic!! Is that sad that Im so happy about clean carpets? Maybe its because the duplex was our first home, and I took alot of pride & joy into taking care of it, and cleaning it... seeing how someone else just didn't care one bit about it is upsetting. But regardless, I would absolutely recommend Baseline Carpet Cleaning. He was quick, only took him an hour to do our little place, and that included all the stairs, basement, main floor, and bedrooms, and the price was very reasonable!!

Okay, so now for some picture updates. I promised pictures, and since I dont have any of my ultrasound, here are some others.

 This could be the epitome of nesting. Cloth diapers, hanging on the line to dry... no baby yet to wear them.
 This is my 35 week picture.
 36 weeks & 2 days
 Eli & Andy playing with Eli's new car's fishing rod. He got it for his birthday. I think Andy has played with it more than Eli, but they do go for walks to the lake to go "fishing" together. Btw, there's no fish in the lake by our house. Good bonding time though.

 Eli's new bike we got him for his birthday. He was so excited about it.
 Not very excited about the helmet (which is last years helmet & way too small) but he looks like he's ready to ride!!
 Then he realized that he had to balance the bike himself, it wasn't quite like his tricycle, and wasn't too sure how to use it. Obviously he wasn't too happy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

SO excited for you guys karla! You look beautiful and I cant believe that little Eli! Such a big boy!Miss you guys!
Heidi